Hayao Miyazaki Tribute

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
jorgebonafe

Hayao Miyazaki Tribute

Post by jorgebonafe »

So sad... The world of anime will not be the same without him...

http://vimeo.com/102392560
Better Than Wolves was borne of anal sex. True Story.
EpicAaron

Re: Hayao Miyazaki Tribute

Post by EpicAaron »

I'm not a big anime person, but seeing Ponyo with my brother certainly wasn't a bad experience. Unless the quality of content has taken a dip recently it is a shame to see the studio close down.
BTW Community Server Discord: https://discord.gg/arZpuYW
Spoiler
Show
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

EpicAaron wrote:I'm not a big anime person, but seeing Ponyo with my brother certainly wasn't a bad experience. Unless the quality of content has taken a dip recently it is a shame to see the studio close down.
Well, maybe... The earlier stuff was much better, imo... Mononoke Hime was the best one... But still...
Gunnerman21

Post by Gunnerman21 »

That was really nice. I wish I knew where to watch more of his movies, anyone got an idea where to find them?
Spoiler
Show
I am... THE TAXI MAN.
William the tuba

Post by William the tuba »

I think they're all translated and on DVD or Blu-Ray. It doesn't seem that they're on Netflix, Amazon, Hulu or Crunchyroll, though.

Your best bet is probably to see if you can pick up secondhand VHSs at thrift or charity stores, if you don't mind the dubs (and VHSs).
(@Will on the discord)
Parents of young, organic life forms are warned that towels can be harmful if swallowed in large quantities.
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

jorgebonafe wrote: Well, maybe... The earlier stuff was much better, imo... Mononoke Hime was the best one... But still...
Easily my favorite from Miyazaki. I actually just rewatched it a couple weeks ago. Seems like it just gets better each time :)
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

BinoAl wrote:Easily my favorite from Miyazaki. I actually just rewatched it a couple weeks ago. Seems like it just gets better each time :)
Yeah, its one of those movies I re-watch every once in a while... Never gets old :)
It was a classic... And you can often notice other films that are obviously inspired by this one to this day. Like some scenes in Snow White and The Huntsman... Also, Avatar, that whole film is practically the live action version of Mononoke Hime.
Zhil

Post by Zhil »

BinoAl wrote:
jorgebonafe wrote: Well, maybe... The earlier stuff was much better, imo... Mononoke Hime was the best one... But still...
Easily my favorite from Miyazaki. I actually just rewatched it a couple weeks ago. Seems like it just gets better each time :)
Meh, you're all wrong. Nausicaa is obviously Miyazaki's best work :D (I might be super obsessed by Nausicaa)
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx