Take on Mars. Early access

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
kregoth

Take on Mars. Early access

Post by kregoth »

Taking on Mars is on Steam Early Access now. Anyone planning on picking this up?

Been wanting to play this, though I'm not sure about it. Exploring the terrain of Mars sounds like fun though :)
FlowerChild wrote:My theory is that stupidity acts like an infectious organism on the net. Unless it's regularly pruned from your "garden", it will inevitably overwhelm it and kill off everything else.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: Take on Mars. Early access

Post by FlowerChild »

Huh. That's quite a departure for Bohemia interactive. I actually quite enjoyed Take On Helicopters as well, although I suspect I'm probably in the minority there.
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

This looks very cool. May have to pick it up when I start building the next computer.
Better is the enemy of Good
Phrostbit3n

Post by Phrostbit3n »

I'd be surprised if they found a way to give gameplay that's interesting. The prospect of sending rovers to Mars is cool and all, but in reality it's just a really big machine doing bland things really slowly. Now, this would be badass with Oculus.
"Someone once told me friendship is magic, that's ridiculous, you can't turn someone into a frog with friendship." - The Wizard, Terraria
"I used to __________, then I took an arrow to the knee" - Everyone on the Internet
kregoth

Post by kregoth »

FlowerChild wrote:Huh. That's quite a departure for Bohemia interactive. I actually quite enjoyed Take On Helicopters as well, although I suspect I'm probably in the minority there.
I grabbed that game a few months ago, love it too. Even grabbed a pair of rudder pedals, which helped a lot. Need to replace my horrible joystick though. Bohemia struck a good balance in simulating everything. It tooks nearly a week for me to download the damn game, 15 gigs take ages on 1Mb internet!

Oh and Bohemia isn't using the Arma engine on Take on Mars. It's the other one they used to make Carrier Command.
FlowerChild wrote:My theory is that stupidity acts like an infectious organism on the net. Unless it's regularly pruned from your "garden", it will inevitably overwhelm it and kill off everything else.
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

Scott Manley just posted a video of his experience with this title if you're a fan of his reviews
Better is the enemy of Good