Conflict confusion

If you're having problems with your installation of Better Than Wolves, or if you've woken up in the future and are beginning to doubt the nature of reality, here's the place to post about it.
Rugaard

Conflict confusion

Post by Rugaard »

I'm a bit confused with a conflict I've encountered

what confuses me is that as far as i can tell, BTW doesn't touch the player model, which my only other mod the mine little pony mod, as far as i can tell this mod only alters the player model,
when installing with mcpatcher it states there's a conflict with a bhu.class

what happens in game is that the game crashes when I open the inventory while holding an item

error log after crash states that the cause is because it failed to render an entity. which I believe is the one that appears in the inventory window.

my primary wish is to know why there is a conflict between these two mods. A solution to get around this other than holding nothing while opening my inventory is welcome
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: Conflict confusion

Post by FlowerChild »

I basically rewrote how Minecraft renders blocks with this last update, replacing both the vanilla and Modloader method for doing so. That includes calls within the player class for when the player is holding a block as an item. If you're overwriting those changes with something from another mod, then chaos will inevitably result.

It's doubtful that there's anything you can do on your end to resolve that.
Rugaard

Re: Conflict confusion

Post by Rugaard »

dang, well I have yet to encounter any other problems yet so as long as I make sure to not hold an item while the inventory is open or to go 3rd person, I guess I should be fine and it does save when it happens

I guess the only solution would be the never to come official mod API

anyway thanks
Benanov

My little pony

Post by Benanov »

If the mod you're using that's not BTW has the source available, some enterprising soul could re-write it to use FC's new render hooks.
There's only one V in my name, thanks.

<TaterBoy> I figured out why there's so much lag. We have too much iron.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: My little pony

Post by FlowerChild »

Benanov wrote:If the mod you're using that's not BTW has the source available, some enterprising soul could re-write it to use FC's new render hooks.
Well, if it's actually modifying the player renderer class, it might be a little more involved than that, given I am as well now.

It sound like that's the problem here.
Rugaard

Re: My little pony

Post by Rugaard »

Benanov wrote:If the mod you're using that's not BTW has the source available, some enterprising soul could re-write it to use FC's new render hooks.
I would love to ask someone to do that for me but i have no idea who to ask to even look at the code to see if its possible, I also cant find any source for the mod