ZeroKinght's BTW Let's Read

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
ZeroKnight

ZeroKinght's BTW Let's Read

Post by ZeroKnight »

This topic is going to be a series similar to a Let's Play, except you have to read it all (unless you don't want to :/). I'll be take screenshots every Minecraft day and I will not be skipping nights. I will continue to post a few screenshot until it is too much to handle, then I'll just post things I think are important/significant and/or interesting. The Recent news is to keep in touch with what has been updated and when (all times are EST). to skip to a specific day press control+f and search for "day x".

Recent News
*Posted days 1, 2 and 3. | 8/24/12 9:00pm

Day 1
Spoiler
Show
I have woken up in this strange place. It seems to be composed of.... blocks. And everything looks like squares. Where am I? I feel... different. The last thing I can remember is watching TV in my house. Where is my house, does it exist here? AHHH!!! My hands, they're squares as well. I need to go sit by that tree and think.
After collecting my thoughts, I'm still not sure how i got here and where "here" is. But I do know that I need to find shelter before night of I will get cold and predators will come out.
After a few hours of searching, I came across this little village, I'm not sure if I should treat them as friends or enemies. But if I have any chance of surviving, I need to confront them. I will write again when and if I establish peace with them.
The people here told me this place was called "Minecraft". They told me the essentials of surviving and explained how many elements of this realm worked, they said that I was the prophet and I was foretold to do great things. They said I could trade with them and live with them, they should me to my house where I stayed for the night.
Day 2
Spoiler
Show
It's finally day time! I have many things I need to accomplish in such a short amount of time. First thing on my list, get some wood, luckily there is a forest nearby. Wait a second, I don't have any tools, how am I supposed to get wood. Do I need an axe? a chainsaw? Can I punch it down? This is gonna hurt so damn bad. Oh, I guess not, it actually feels.... normal?Well that was easy, what's next? Ah yes, I need to get some wheat for a farm, the villages lent me a spot where I could grow my crops. So I guess I just have to go to the field and search for seeds in the grass. There's also a field near the village.Image
Finally done looking for seeds, I got two different kinds of seeds, large orange colored seeds and small green colored seeds. I decided to grow the seeds that were green, hopefully the crop they grow are useful.
Next I need to get some food. There are many animals nearby, the villagers said they don't bite, I hope they won't put up a fight.
After slaughtering many animals, I don't seem to have any blood on me or on the ground. Their bodies disappear and meat drops in its place. I think that's enough of this creepy realm for the day, time to go home and get some rest.
Day 3
Spoiler
Show
This is my third day in the realm and I am doing fairly well by my standards. Time to go see what the villagers' trading is like. I found a villager selling an emerald for fourteen pieces of raw pork. I took him up on that offer and now have a quite large emerald. He also offered me a little advice, "Crafting tables can be used to craft things and are make with four wood planks in a square." I will try that out later. I want to see what I can get for this emerald. Bookcase, no. Wheat, no. Books, no. Watermelon? Mmmm, I could go for some fruit right now. After trading with the villager he also offered me advice, "Furnaces can cook food and are make with 8 cobblestone in a crafting table." They better not do this every time, this will get on my nerves. I hope I can make a sword.
Now that I'm home I'll try making a crafting table. Four wood planks in a square, do i just put them on the floor? make i squish them toge... Holy crap!!! That scared me. So how do I use this thing, is it like a workbench? Oh, i guess so. So these little squares on the top must be where I put my materials. So a furnace, eh? Now I'll put this here and cook my meat. What can I use for fuel? Oh well, that's a question for another day, I'll continue to eat the melons I traded for. Time to rest again.
What do you think? More pictures? More words?
Last edited by ZeroKnight on Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ZeroKnight

Re: ZeroKinght's BTW Let's Read

Post by ZeroKnight »

-Reserved for talking about how awesome FC is-
Last edited by ZeroKnight on Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
ZeroKnight

Post by ZeroKnight »

-Reserved-
Panda

Post by Panda »

Sounds cool I'll read it! I might ask you to explain some things though
Never say no to Panda.
Elevatator

Post by Elevatator »

I would prefer the funny version of steves point of view, even if it means that the title of one of the pics will be: "I´m so lonely here. This cow over there looks pretty sexy..."

I could suggest one thing: How about a poll that allows us (the readers) to take a bit control of the way you go ?
(like: Should I explore this cave in the hope to get some iron, or should I continue building my house?)
⠀⠀⠀⢀⣀⣠⣤⣤⣤⣶⣶⣶⣦⡀
⠀⠀⢠⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣦
⠀⢀⣾⣿⣿⠟⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠻⣿⣿⣷⣄
⠀⣼⣿⣿⠏⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⣿⣿⣿⣧
⣰⣿⣿⣿⡀⠀⢀⣴⣾⠿⣵⣦⠀⠀⣿⣿⣿⠇
⠙⢿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠈⠛⠁⠀⠈⠁⠀⣠⣿⣿⡏
⠀⠀⠻⣿⣿⣷⣤⣀⣀⢀⣀⣠⣾⣿⣿⡿
⠀⠀⠀⠈⢻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡥⠤⠒⣢
⠀⠀⠀⠀⣀⣽⣿⣿⡿⠿⠿⠛⠉⠁⣀⣤⣶⠟⠁
⠀⠀⢴⣭⣥⣶⣾⣿⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⠁
⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣿⣿⣿⡷⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⣧⡀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⢾⣿⣿⣿⣤⣤⣤⣤⣤⣼⣿⣿⣿⠇
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁
DxPanxD

Post by DxPanxD »

Sounds fun, and I'd vote for Steves perspective.
Apparently I'm Capitain Overcomplicate.
Rianaru

Post by Rianaru »

We should be able to vote for certain phrases being used in the writing :P or maybe we could vote for you to write in rhyming verse? That'd be pretty funny xD
FlowerChild wrote: -----

A short while later:

FlowerChild: What is this pussy shit?
Azdoine

Post by Azdoine »

Awesome, I hope this gets off the ground.
I vote for steves perspective.
ZeroKnight

Post by ZeroKnight »

Ok, Steve's perspective it is (I'm not even going to try to keep this thread pg-13) I'll put up polls for so you guys can have a little control. First few days going up in an hour or so.
Last edited by ZeroKnight on Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Reserving additional posts for nothing at all = instant win.
ZeroKnight

Post by ZeroKnight »

FlowerChild wrote:Reserving additional posts for nothing at all = instant win.
;)

I'll find additional uses in the near future. I'm one for supreme organization.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

ZeroKnight wrote:
FlowerChild wrote:Reserving additional posts for nothing at all = instant win.
;)

I'll find additional uses in the near future. I'm one for supreme organization.
Yeah, I just get a particular laugh out of that stuff given I've gone a year and a half with BTW on MCF with only the first post, and no regrets.

And again...doing so with no content...well...
Lord_Herobrine

Post by Lord_Herobrine »

Y U No update ZeroKinght?

Edit:How the hell do you say your name anyway?
MIND. BLOWN.

No reason...