Enslaving Villagers

If you want to get banned, this is the place to post.
quew8

Enslaving Villagers

Post by quew8 »

Hi,
My idea is basically to have some way to capture villagers and force them to do things (like crafting an item or mining an area). Maybe possess them with a soul from an urn or something (your the genius here not me).
I know FC doesn't like the idea of things magically working like the quarry in buildcraft, but this seems to me to have some kind of logic to it. As a late stage tech I think it could be very useful for taking the tedium out ... (you know the philosophy of automation).
This would have to have limits for example the villager dying off after doing a certain ammount of work. Also they could only do very simple tasks like dig in a straight line and would walk right off a cliff etc.
And... now I'm ranting, i'll leave it at that. (Being more specific means your more likely to be wrong :) )
Making floors from sidings- "Damn I need a step here. Well this is odd, a BTW block that isn't completely brilliant. Hmm, oh no wait I just have to right click."
Don't you just love FC
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: Enslaving Villagers

Post by FlowerChild »

The amount of AI work involved in doing something like that would be entirely excessive.
rockninja

Post by rockninja »

FlowerChild wrote:The amount of AI work involved in doing something like that would be entirely excessive.
quite a shame, those dirty testificates really don't do much in return for all the work you have to put in keeping them alive...
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

rockninja wrote: quite a shame, those dirty testificates really don't do much in return for all the work you have to put in keeping them alive...
Thank you for your input...or not...