[4.16] [WL Anarchy] Anarchy Falls Is Closed.

This is the place for SMP server threads, and for general server discussion.
SterlingRed

Re: [4.12] [WL Anarchy] SterlingRed Server (Rotted to the Co

Post by SterlingRed »

Ooh I'm totally fine with him losing stuff haha. Eriotto, did you curse my chickens? 20 egg no hatch streak.
Eriottosan

Post by Eriottosan »

Ribky wrote:If it makes you feel better... I did the same thing last week... sober. About the same haul of diamonds to. Emeralds too... yeah... I died a little inside.
So this means ... You are still in Extreme Hills, and may have things worth stealing ;).

Eh, it was stupid, but whaddya do, eh? It's nothing really. The only pain is that I have a chicken problem. I can make everything again apart from the plate armour as I need feathers!!
SterlingRed wrote:Ooh I'm totally fine with him losing stuff haha. Eriotto, did you curse my chickens? 20 egg no hatch streak.
Heh, my original streak was something like 2 stacks of eggs! I just had rotten luck.
私は日本語が大好きだ。だから、私と話すとき、日本語で書けば、日本語で書いてください。
I like Japanese, can you tell?
Rugaard

Post by Rugaard »

Eriottosan wrote: (:. Ah, well. Time to log on, see if I gave away too much info about my base in my drunken state!
unfortunately no you didnt say anything other than your not in the biome Sterling red thinks you are
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

Which is useful! And don't blame rugaard for sharing that. I was checking on the server and saw it in the chat logs.
I've now eliminated four biomes as possible base locations for you.
Pucc

Post by Pucc »

SterlingRed wrote:I've now eliminated four biomes as possible base locations for you.
Care to share those biomes?

:)
Eriottosan

Post by Eriottosan »

AFAIK:

Desert, 'cos I was bitching about not having enough sand.
Plains, 'cos he thought I was in that, and I told Rugaard that SR was wrong last night.
Mycelium, 'cos I'm searching for it.

As for the last one, I'm not sure ...

EDIT: Why am I helping hunt down my base!?
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

You are also not in an ocean or extreme hills.
And that leaves....all the pia ones left to search through.
Eriottosan

Post by Eriottosan »

Hrm. And it was also not Jungle, 'cos I keep moaning about not having trees, though my return portal is on top of a Jungle Tree, and is a walkable distance from my base.

So, I'm near a jungle, in one of the few biomes remaining. Who's gonna get my steel and autobottler and all that? :P

EDIT: I'm also within easy travel distance from three rather early bases, remember. Not quite sure if they are all being used ... But if you haven't made it too far through the BTW tech tree, you may well be not too far from my base ;).
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

You really should not have told me the bit about the nether portal.... I know where it is...
Eriottosan

Post by Eriottosan »

Did you not know that bit? I thought it was common knowledge ... It's been mentioned enough.

Ah well, there's not much in the nether base. It's just a windmill on an axle, that I can't get back 'cos of where it's placed. After that, it's a bit of a trek, and you still have to find it. And there are most of the possible biomes within walking distance from there ;). Not too worried.

EDIT: I have enough in my strongholds elsewhere for full steel production, so (:
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

On second thought, might be a different nether portal. I was derping around with a new one in the over world and it linked to the one in the nether that links to the one in the mine shaft. So I built a nether side portal in the right place to link to my new one, but it took me to a portal on top of a jungle tree. It's possible it generated there if the game does a check for open space around an existing portal before sending the player there. Since my portal was....underwater. (not near my base, I'd intended it as a trap)
I'm tempted to destroy all of the above portals and start over so they link the way I want them to.
Eriottosan

Post by Eriottosan »

There are at least two in mineshafts that I know ... Hrm ... Well if it didn't take you to a nothing-base, then it's probably not mine. I'm not too clued up on nether portal creation and linking and all that, if I was I'd create some super-system.
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

Well I didn't travel to the nether through the tree portal, I arrived there.

Basically when you make a portal to the nether, the game checks for the nearest viable location to place the opposite end at. Viable being not in a wall or a lava lake or something. Of course the target coordinates are 1/8th of what they are in the over world. Some people say the nether generates around your first portal. This isn't true.
So, since most of the time the correct location isn't possible to place a nether side portal, it gets shifted to somewhere relatively nearby. Now when you go through and go back to the overworld, the viable location checks and equivalent coordinates happen again. But since the portal in the nether is already off, that error gets multiplied by 8 and the game can send you to a new location rather than the one you came from. Thus there ends up being two over world portals linking to the same nether portal.
you can get portals to pair up exactly, if you build them in the right places and break the old ones that linked wrong.

I was hoping the game only checked if a portal was in an okay area the first time it generated or not check if a player made it. What I wanted to do was create a portal on the bottom of the ocean, so that any portal in the vicinity on the nether side would link back to it, and leave any traveler the option of drowning, or going back to the nether. But apparently, that doesn't seem possible. More experiments are necessary.

tl;dr No portal is safe! I'm trying to kill you by interdimensional travel!
Caevin

Post by Caevin »

I always feel sort of odd leaving a random comment at hand when a conversation is going on, but I would like to join the server if I could.

IGN: Caevin
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

Added! Welcome!
Ultionis

Post by Ultionis »

Many thanks for the Windmill, Eriottosan :)
I dance to the sound of a Creeper's legs breaking
Eriottosan

Post by Eriottosan »

Ultionis wrote:Many thanks for the Windmill, Eriottosan :)
I hope it will serve you well! I had no use for it. So little use that I actually couldn't be bothered to build up to collect it :P.
william711

Post by william711 »

could I be white listed
my user is:
hoshi711
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

Added, welcome!

Edit:

Server update: Upped player cap to 15 players, reduced some of the in game server console spam messages, named server to Anarchy Falls
TheAnarchitect

Re: [4.11] [WL Anarchy] SterlingRed Server (Rotted to the Co

Post by TheAnarchitect »

dawnraider wrote:Just found someone's wolves next to stone pillar. Killed them using suffocation. RIP.
Spoiler
Show
their chops are in the chest, but I took the dung laying around

That was me. I rage-quit last week after someone (I forget who) admitted they were using a mapping Mod, and left them sitting there for a week.

Incidentally, you're an asshole for killing them, and should feel bad.
The infinitely extendable Pottery system
Real Life is an Anarchy Server.
SterlingRed

Re: [4.12] [WL Anarchy] Anarchy Falls (Rotted to the Core!)

Post by SterlingRed »

I do believe I have worked out how to trap/kill any player entering the nether from any location within a 7000x7000 square area with only 25 traps if there are no preexisting nether side portals...
I'm still working out how to find every possible existing nether portal in the relevant area efficiently. Pray I don't. ;-)
M!C

Post by M!C »

SterlingRed wrote:I do believe I have worked out how to trap/kill any player entering the nether from any location within a 7000x7000 square area with only 25 traps if there are no preexisting nether side portals...
I'm still working out how to find every possible existing nether portal in the relevant area efficiently. Pray I don't. ;-)
Now I'm actually tempted to request to be whitelisted just to provide proof that you can't build a failsafe, selfsustaining trap around a nether portal. :P
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

Oh the traps themselves can be broken in some way. I'm not claiming invincible traps here. What I figured out was how to funnel any over world portal within that area to 25 nether portals.
Pucc

Post by Pucc »

Suppose all you need is a pit of lava, a nether portal (over it), a few sticky pistons and a detector block. Player enters detector signals to the pistons to remove the bottom obsidian pieces of the portal and plop, should work right?
jakerman999

Post by jakerman999 »

Pucc wrote:Suppose all you need is a pit of lava, a nether portal (over it), a few sticky pistons and a detector block. Player enters detector signals to the pistons to remove the bottom obsidian pieces of the portal and plop, should work right?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but detector blocks can see portals, no?