Hoppers jamming?

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
orangeweaver

Hoppers jamming?

Post by orangeweaver »

Has anyone experience powered hoppers not passing materials on?

My hemp farm is currently pretty simple, after the hemp is pushed off by pistons it travels down a chute and makes its way into a powered hopper above a powered millstone to be ground into fibers automatically. The thing is I know it was working before, I would collect my fibers and my reeds from the chest (reed farm funneled to same area just after the millstone so it wasn't ground). Lately I have been wondering where the hell all my fibers were and initially thought my hemp farm was broken, checked everything out and it was working fine, so I made my way over and checked out the hopper to find it was nearly full of seeds and hemp, the hopper is powered, the millstone is powered, I can see the full gear in the hopper gui but nothing is passing through ...

Not really sure what I did or if something was changed? I checked quickly in creative, set up a waterwheel and powered a hopper directly above the millstone and everything passed just fine. Any insight would be awesome! Thanks.
Scry

Re: Hoppers jamming?

Post by Scry »

I thought seeds jammed the millstone so I pre-filter them before the hemp even gets there.
orangeweaver

Re: Hoppers jamming?

Post by orangeweaver »

Ah! Did not know that, that's more than likely what the deal is then. I'll get those filtered and this can be locked. Thanks :)