An apology, a catch up, and the secret to bigger lips ...

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
Eriottosan

An apology, a catch up, and the secret to bigger lips ...

Post by Eriottosan »

Alright guys, I've been a bit quiet these past few days, as you may or may not have noticed.

So yeah, first up, the apology:

This goes out to all of you, for the reason above. It's been a rather busy few days, and so although I have been reading bits and bobs and testing out 3.7(1) whenever I can - seriously, FC you are an absolute genius! These past few releases are some of the best I've ever seen, so thank you :).

So a small catch up:

I have finally finished college (erm, Americans read "high school" or whatever you call the last bit of school before what you call college and we call uni). While I say that, I still have to go back for 3 exams, but that's it, so it's all good. So yeah, we had the last day on Friday - performances and pub. Was a good laugh, but I have so many horrid memories of that place. I felt like such a bastard, I was the only one not sad to leave! Ah, well.
Of course, I am sad to leave the people some of the people, but when it comes to the people I don't want to loose, I won't. I've moved around a fair bit in my even younger years, so I know how to keep in touch with the people who matter.
Also, I seem to be getting into a relationship, which isn't my smartest plan in the world, considering I'm miles away in September ... Ah, well, young love, what're you to do, eh?
I've been so busy between all of that, starting revision, playing the new release &c that I've barely had time to look at my modding stuff, although thanks to that review downloads never stop, which is nice. It's a shame no-one reads the OP before making suggestions, though!
So all in all, a good few days, but I should be back to my active self now :).

And finally, the secret to bigger lips:

I'm afraid that this isn't quite as useful as you may have hoped for. It's not collagen, but being a teenager. I have a spot on my lip (I thought I was done with spots), and as such it has swollen to an unbelievable size!

That's all, folks! :)
私は日本語が大好きだ。だから、私と話すとき、日本語で書けば、日本語で書いてください。
I like Japanese, can you tell?
Punnikin

Re: An apology, a catch up, and the secret to bigger lips ..

Post by Punnikin »

Graduation and herpes. What memories this brings back.

Congratulations, I'm sorry to hear it. :)(
Eriottosan

Post by Eriottosan »

Punnikin wrote:Graduation and herpes. What memories this brings back.

Congratulations, I'm sorry to hear it. :)(
Haha, no, it's not a herpes spot/swelling, it's just a swelling to do with general spots, I've had it a couple of times in the past and had it checked out once to check :). The only herpes strain I've ever had is the chicken pox!

I'll take the congratulations, as for the sorry to hear it, it's just irritating. Not sore, but gets in the way, so it's not a worry :).
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

Congratulations man :)
Where will you be next ?
Donzaffi

Post by Donzaffi »

Eriottosan wrote:Alright guys, I've been a bit quiet these past few days, as you may or may not have noticed.

So yeah, first up, the apology:

This goes out to all of you, for the reason above. It's been a rather busy few days, and so although I have been reading bits and bobs and testing out 3.7(1) whenever I can - seriously, FC you are an absolute genius! These past few releases are some of the best I've ever seen, so thank you :).

So a small catch up:

I have finally finished college (erm, Americans read "high school" or whatever you call the last bit of school before what you call college and we call uni). While I say that, I still have to go back for 3 exams, but that's it, so it's all good. So yeah, we had the last day on Friday - performances and pub. Was a good laugh, but I have so many horrid memories of that place. I felt like such a bastard, I was the only one not sad to leave! Ah, well.
Of course, I am sad to leave the people some of the people, but when it comes to the people I don't want to loose, I won't. I've moved around a fair bit in my even younger years, so I know how to keep in touch with the people who matter.
Also, I seem to be getting into a relationship, which isn't my smartest plan in the world, considering I'm miles away in September ... Ah, well, young love, what're you to do, eh?
I've been so busy between all of that, starting revision, playing the new release &c that I've barely had time to look at my modding stuff, although thanks to that review downloads never stop, which is nice. It's a shame no-one reads the OP before making suggestions, though!
So all in all, a good few days, but I should be back to my active self now :).

And finally, the secret to bigger lips:

I'm afraid that this isn't quite as useful as you may have hoped for. It's not collagen, but being a teenager. I have a spot on my lip (I thought I was done with spots), and as such it has swollen to an unbelievable size!

That's all, folks! :)
I like you, but you make me feel old :(
Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative

HIgh Res Texturepack ............43% done
Eriottosan

Post by Eriottosan »

Battosay wrote:Congratulations man :)
Where will you be next ?
If I get the grades I need - which I should do - then University to do Music and Maths, with a bit of Egyptology (pyramids, Pharaohs, hieroglyphics &c) thrown in for good measure. Or equally, "sums, drums and Egyptian columns". It's a 3-6 hour drive away, depending on traffic (yes, it varies that much) or about 3 and a half by train. Far enough for independence, but not too far if something life changing happens or for coming home for the holidays &c.
Really looking forward to it :).
Donzaffi wrote:I like you, but you make me feel old :(
All the best things get better with age ;). Which is an argument I've been using all year, being the only 19 year old in a college that ends at 18 (I was ill for a year, hence the age thing). Uni will be a nice change of pace, being one of the youngest again.
Donzaffi

Post by Donzaffi »

Eriottosan wrote:
All the best things get better with age ;). Which is an argument I've been using all year, being the only 19 year old in a college that ends at 18 (I was ill for a year, hence the age thing). Uni will be a nice change of pace, being one of the youngest again.
At my university there where 17 year old ones ;)

So good luck :D

and i have the same problem at school, only that I was 3 Years older than most others ;)

Eriottosan

Post by Eriottosan »

Donzaffi wrote:At my university there where 17 year old ones ;)

and i have the same problem at school, only that I was 3 Years older than most others ;)
Haha in my opinion, there is too much focus on age in today's society. It seems to be one of those things that everyone thinks it is important to be the right age for this, and the right age for that. Age is just a number, and all being older means is that you are more likely to have more life experience and so will be more comfortable and know how best to learn/work/do whatever. Then again, there are lots of things in this world that people make a big deal of that is really nothing, so it's no surprise!
Donzaffi

Post by Donzaffi »

Eriottosan wrote:
Donzaffi wrote:At my university there where 17 year old ones ;)

Haha in my opinion, there is too much focus on age in today's society. It seems to be one of those things that everyone thinks it is important to be the right age for this, and the right age for that. Age is just a number, and all being older means is that you are more likely to have more life experience and so will be more comfortable and know how best to learn/work/do whatever. Then again, there are lots of things in this world that people make a big deal of that is really nothing, so it's no surprise!
Ha, numbers and papers.
In germany bureaucracy is a illness you need for all f**k a damned bit of paper ^^
Working nearly 7 years with Photoshop now but i need to go to get a paper at university in 3 years that shows that I can somehting what i am used to do since years >.<

What you want to study ?

Eriottosan

Post by Eriottosan »

Donzaffi wrote:Ha, numbers and papers.
In germany bureaucracy is a illness you need for all f**k a damned bit of paper ^^
Working nearly 7 years with Photoshop now but i need to go to get a paper at university in 3 years that shows that I can somehting what i am used to do since years >.<

What you want to study ?
That's what's wrong with today's society. You don't need to do the course, you have all the skills, yet they want that damn piece of paper!

Maths and Music mainly :).
Donzaffi

Post by Donzaffi »

Eriottosan wrote:
Donzaffi wrote:Ha, numbers and papers.

What you want to study ?
That's what's wrong with today's society. You don't need to do the course, you have all the skills, yet they want that damn piece of paper!

Maths and Music mainly :).

good choice

Maths was a main part of my studies
(Social Economics)

And music is my alltime favourite hobby as musican :D

Eriottosan

Post by Eriottosan »

Donzaffi wrote:good choice

(Social Economics)

Maths has always made sense to me; Music has always carried me through. It made sense to me to do both :).

What instruments do you play, if you don't mind me asking?
Donzaffi

Post by Donzaffi »

Eriottosan wrote:
Donzaffi wrote:good choice

(Social Economics)

Maths has always made sense to me; Music has always carried me through. It made sense to me to do both :).

What instruments do you play, if you don't mind me asking?
Electric Guitar and Violin

Gargantuan_Penguin

Post by Gargantuan_Penguin »

Ah yes spots... I always figured they were retribution for being a teenager.

best of luck at university. Also, you will be studying math and music.. what sort of career are you thinking of pursuing?

Ah yes young love. I both curse and bless my luck that I haven't had to deal with that in a good long while now.
And HOW!
Eriottosan

Post by Eriottosan »

Gargantuan_Penguin wrote:Ah yes spots... I always figured they were retribution for being a teenager.

best of luck at university. Also, you will be studying math and music.. what sort of career are you thinking of pursuing?

Ah yes young love. I both curse and bless my luck that I haven't had to deal with that in a good long while now.
Yeah, I've never been particularly spotty myself, but when I get them they tend to do funny things like my currently inflated lip ;).

Haha it gets more confusing - after uni, I want to teach for a year in Japan. After that, I don't know what I'll do. I may do a PGCE (teaching course) and get a job in teaching. Or I may go into music wholeheartedly and try to make it as a composer or conductor or something. Or I may do something completely different. At this stage, I don't know what I want to do in the long run, but I know I want to go to university.

Meh, "young love" isn't something I was expecting at the minute. I have previously earned the title of "public property", and as such had decided I had little to know chance of anything "proper" happening with anyone down here. But obviously I was wrong. Still don't know what to do with it all though, considering I'll be a way away in Sept ;).