Off-Topic Hell (Was: An Important Announcement)

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
darahalian

Re: An Important Announcement

Post by darahalian »

Gargantuan_Penguin wrote:instead of a new and utterly foreign dimension, an "alternate" dimension, just like this one, except a helluva lot more scary. and maybe the reason he left his stuff there is because it would be destroyed in transit.

idk, just thinking out loud.
Kind of like the alternate dimension in A Link to the Past, if anyone remembers that game. A corrupted but recognizably similar version of the overworld.
FlowerChild wrote:Remain ever vigilant against the groth menace my friends. Early detection is crucial in avoiding a full-blown groth epidemic.
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

And it would need to have new, difficult to work with resources that could provide interesting automation challenges...
Gargantuan_Penguin

Post by Gargantuan_Penguin »

darahalian wrote:
Gargantuan_Penguin wrote:instead of a new and utterly foreign dimension, an "alternate" dimension, just like this one, except a helluva lot more scary. and maybe the reason he left his stuff there is because it would be destroyed in transit.

idk, just thinking out loud.
Kind of like the alternate dimension in A Link to the Past, if anyone remembers that game. A corrupted but recognizably similar version of the overworld.
precisely what I was thinking.
And HOW!
InfinityLink

Post by InfinityLink »

While at first I was thinking new dimension or teleporter, now I'm not so sure. It might be some sort of monster-summoning-necromancy thing. That seems to fit a little more with the mod, as FC has shown multiple times that he is more interested in building than exploring, and so a gizmo makes more sense than a new dimension in that aspect. But who knows. Either way, I'm excited.
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

I think a summoning device would be too easily containable for us. Whereas a new world would provide many opportunities for PvE challenges...
embirrim

Post by embirrim »

I'm actually going with twitch here. Taking of his metal armour in order to not be electrocuted, causing constant storms to overload windmills and produce differnt forms of power or new devices that need to be overloaded... Hm. It probably comes with it's downsides I should add. Or difficulties, let's put it that way.
jehanum

Post by jehanum »

Hmm, can't take anything manmade with you, sound familiar?
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

But the terminator himself is manmade.......... O.o
Gargantuan_Penguin

FlowerChild wrote:
we need to go back in time and stop the water wheel from taking over the world.
also, I loved the terminator movies, my first action movies ever.
And HOW!
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Sarudak wrote:But the terminator himself is manmade.......... O.o
Encased in organic matter. I think someone smuggles a gun through that way too at one point :)
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

Oh... Yeah that makes a lot of sense... They should really just glaze whatever they want to take in sugar then... :P
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Sarudak wrote:Oh... Yeah that makes a lot of sense... They should really just glaze whatever they want to take in sugar then... :P
Maybe it was "living tissue". Whatever man, they were fun films regardless :)
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

FlowerChild wrote: Maybe it was "living tissue". Whatever man, they were fun films regardless :)
No objections there! I'm one to talk. I watch Doctor Who and enjoy it! :D
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Sarudak wrote:No objections there! I'm one to talk. I watch Doctor Who and enjoy it! :D
Same here :)
Gargantuan_Penguin

FlowerChild wrote:
Sarudak wrote:No objections there! I'm one to talk. I watch Doctor Who and enjoy it! :D
Same here :)
I love you even more now, in fact on my love scale I now give you a 9 3/4
if you were somehow a hot babe I would be forced to bed you.
And HOW!
Williamson

Post by Williamson »

FlowerChild wrote:Maybe it was "living tissue".
Oh no, maybe to transport items through this thing (IF it's a teleporter), we'll have to put our items inside us...Or maybe a companion cube?
Maybe the remaining block ids are surgical gear?

In all seriousness, I agree with others that that thing looks like a teleporter. I also like the idea of having to build up on the other side to get back.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Williamson wrote:Oh no, maybe to transport items through this thing (IF it's a teleporter), we'll have to put our items inside us...Or maybe a companion cube?
Lol! That's quite the theory you have there. Turns out I was only petting the Companion Cube at the end to make up for all the stuff I just inserted into him for transport :)
Thalmane

Post by Thalmane »

FlowerChild wrote:
Williamson wrote:Oh no, maybe to transport items through this thing (IF it's a teleporter), we'll have to put our items inside us...Or maybe a companion cube?
Lol! That's quite the theory you have there. Turns out I was only petting the Companion Cube at the end to make up for all the stuff I just inserted into him for transport :)
A "companion cube of holding"… I LIKE IT!!
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

FlowerChild wrote: Maybe it was "living tissue". Whatever man, they were fun films regardless :)
Soooo... What you are saying here is that we need to skin a testificate and wear them like a suit in order to take our stuff along? Only a fresh skin would do as it would start to die pretty quickly.
Better is the enemy of Good
surge007

Post by surge007 »

Finally back from vacation watched the video.

My thought which is a little out there, is despite his best efforts FC could not incorporate all the new awesomeness without messing with world gen. Thus it takes us to an alternate world that we have to build up and get resources to build a way back if possible. Or the waving goodbye is actually saying goodbye, that the world is dead because we need to create a new world.

Just my reaction, no matter what I love the mod, can not play without it.

A belated Happy Birthday to BTW.
Magick_Miner

Post by Magick_Miner »

After reading through the many theories on the thread I thought I’d throw my own in the mix.

The device we saw at the end of the video seems to be a teleportation device, which has to be placed on the original spawn point of the player. (Hence the travelling back through old builds in the vid).

FC then stored his items in the chest as they can’t be taken through the portal, hence the terminator reference.

Where the portal goes? I’m still not sure, but it scares me, greatly.
Itamarcu

Post by Itamarcu »

Magick_Miner wrote:After reading through the many theories on the thread I thought I’d throw my own in the mix.

The device we saw at the end of the video seems to be a teleportation device, which has to be placed on the original spawn point of the player. (Hence the travelling back through old builds in the vid).

FC then stored his items in the chest as they can’t be taken through the portal, hence the terminator reference.

It's a nice theory, but FC's spawn point was inside the house, just beside the "table".
You know what you should read? Worm. Here you go: https://parahumans.wordpress.com/catego ... tion/1-01/
RaustBlackDragon

Post by RaustBlackDragon »

itamarcu wrote:
Magick_Miner wrote:After reading through the many theories on the thread I thought I’d throw my own in the mix.

It's a nice theory, but FC's spawn point was inside the house, just beside the "table".
There are two spawns: the one you respawn at, and the original one, which your compass points to.
What's the price of freedom now?
Can you cut me a deal?
A crate of wholesale liberty,
or a justice combo meal?
Joeyjoebob

Post by Joeyjoebob »

I still think it's a time machine.
TheAnarchitect wrote:
TaterBoy wrote:Well, now I know. And as GI-Joe says, knowing is half the battle. :)
The other half is violence...