Frozen Foods

If you want to get banned, this is the place to post.
mikello324

Frozen Foods

Post by mikello324 »

I think when someone brought up the idea of refridgeration, Flower said that that idea is far up the tech tree and it will take a while for us to get there. When we do get there, I think we should be able to freeze food, and frozen food will not only heal us but put us out if we're on fire. This overcomes the inconveniece of always having to carry water with you and having to dump it on the ground, which can mess up things you've built or remove torches.
Zhil

Re: Frozen Foods

Post by Zhil »

Have you ever set yourself on fire, followed by eating ice cream?

I don't see how frozen food would put out fire, even if I stretch my imagination. A single torch can destroy entire ice blocks, so it just doesn't make sense that a full on fire would be put out by frozen porkchops.
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

Gilberreke wrote:Have you ever set yourself on fire, followed by eating ice cream?

I don't see how frozen food would put out fire, even if I stretch my imagination. A single torch can destroy entire ice blocks, so it just doesn't make sense that a full on fire would be put out by frozen porkchops.
Have you ever been shot repeatedly with a bow and arrow and blown 5 meters away by an explosion, then eaten a stack of doughnuts to heal yourself? I have

I think the main point is 'It's faaaaar down the tech tree'. While I have no doubt we'll get there one day, it seems a bit silly suggesting things like this when we don't even know where the tech tree is going yet; after all, FC might already have an anti-fire feature planned for something else. Better to work with ideas closer to his current stage of technological development, and see where things go.

Otherwise I may as well suggest future-wheat, which can only be harvested while Steve is travelling through time, and it drops double the amount of flour when milled.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
Zhil

Post by Zhil »

Stormweaver wrote:Have you ever been shot repeatedly with a bow and arrow and blown 5 meters away by an explosion, then eaten a stack of doughnuts to heal yourself? I have
My point stands. That made perfect sense within the game of minecraft.

Beating fire with ice does not work in real life and is directly contradicted by vanilla minecraft's behavior. You beat fire with water or you fireproof something.

We are either looking at an object that can douse you with water (seems unlikely) or some sort of fireproof armor (which doesn't fit the current feel of BTW, though it might fit a future age). Option number three is an entirely novel idea.
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

Gilberreke wrote:
Stormweaver wrote:Have you ever been shot repeatedly with a bow and arrow and blown 5 meters away by an explosion, then eaten a stack of doughnuts to heal yourself? I have
My point stands. That made perfect sense within the game of minecraft.

Beating fire with ice does not work in real life and is directly contradicted by vanilla minecraft's behavior. You beat fire with water or you fireproof something.

We are either looking at an object that can douse you with water (seems unlikely) or some sort of fireproof armor (which doesn't fit the current feel of BTW, though it might fit a future age). Option number three is an entirely novel idea.
You say it's contradicted by vannilla minecraft, yet when there is a block on fire near an ice block, the ice block melts releasing water. water douses fire.

I'm not saying the idea is a remotely feasible or good, just that your logic for dismissing it is weird.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
Zhil

Post by Zhil »

Stormweaver wrote:You say it's contradicted by vannilla minecraft, yet when there is a block on fire near an ice block, the ice block melts releasing water. water douses fire.

I'm not saying the idea is a remotely feasible or good, just that your logic for dismissing it is weird.
Sure, I already knew that was going to be your answer, but the water released by frozen food is just the water inside the food, so you'd just be trying to douse yourself with meat, which again, doesn't work in real life or minecraft.

My main point is, if it doesn't intrinsically make sense, it's bad game design. No one is going to expect that eating frozen food puts out a fire.

Minecraft has a weird ruleset, but it makes sense. FC is adding onto that ruleset, which is why it's imo the best mod out there. Buildcraft is just as good of a mod, but it doesn't follow the ruleset, as a result it feels tacked on, brilliant as it is.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

<curls up in fetal position and sobs in the corner>
Triskelli

Post by Triskelli »

Nice going guys, you all made FlowerChild cry. >=[

The three of you need to apologize, pronto.

mikello324, for having a very silly idea. Not terrible, just silly.

Gilberreke, for saying something "doesn't make sense" in a game as illogical as Minecraft.

Stormweaver, for arguing over something that wasn't worth arguing about.

Jeez, a cantankerous counter to an obtuse objection to a silly suggestion. Hopefully we can put it all behind us. Sorry about all this, Flowerchild.
Zhil

Post by Zhil »

Triskelli wrote:Gilberreke, for saying something "doesn't make sense" in a game as illogical as Minecraft.
That's exactly my point. Minecraft isn't illogical in itself and BTW's biggest strength is retaining intrinsic sense with vanilla.

It's not because FC indicated he's in a slump that you must try to handle the forum for him
grimper12341

Post by grimper12341 »

Charizard used Flamethrower!

It's super effective!

Foe Regice fainted!

Just saying what we're all thinking.
<.<
*hides*