Spider eye Cooking/Poison extraction

If you want to get banned, this is the place to post.
Sirbab

Spider eye Cooking/Poison extraction

Post by Sirbab »

When playing minecraft i was always confused that while you can eat spider eyes and get poisoned, you cannot remove the poison from the eye, I would like to see spider eyes able to be cooked in a stewpot, and create an equal or barely better food item (Eye kebab?) this way, spiders have a food option as well, that doesnt poison you.
jorgebonafe

Re: Spider eye Cooking/Poison extraction

Post by jorgebonafe »

Though that might be useful I'm not sure if it would be worth the time to implement it, considering there are so many food options already available....
Better Than Wolves was borne of anal sex. True Story.
Gargantuan_Penguin

Post by Gargantuan_Penguin »

something I have wanted to say for awhile about food suggestions.

Minecraft is nothing like real life. Steve does not get bored with one type of food. the only thing that matters in minecraft is how you get your food, how easy is it. right now the easiest way to get food is to grow an ass-ton of wheat and turn it into bread, and with BTW you can just grind it and toss it in a stew pot if you don't feel like crafting the stuff into bread. so I ask you; Why on earth do you want spider-kebobs?
And HOW!
Sirbab

Post by Sirbab »

Why on earth? why would we want donuts, or companion slabs, or the myriad of items in this mod that add variety, not just new functionality.
Sirbab

Post by Sirbab »

(Double post)
Last edited by Sirbab on Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gargantuan_Penguin

my main point is. why yet another food item?
I do like having variety, but I find mods that add tons of food items that I am never going to use anyway quite annoying.
And HOW!
whynocheese

Post by whynocheese »

Well it just that this takes effort even if it is only a small amount and as everyone else said there is already enough food options. As for your counter point:
1. Companion Cubes. These were the basis of the mod and while technically asthetic, i like to consider them a core item for gameplay. Without wolve problem, there is no BTW.
2. Donuts were created at a time when food didn't stack so yeah originally not pointless though now... idk.
3. Myriad of other items. Yeah that "myriad" of items are either Fc's sick perversions of what minecraft can be (even if they are fun). The other explanation is that they are not useless, sorry man but I really can't think of a actual useless item in BTW. I mean seriously look at Fc's design philosophy. He ain't that kind of person.

Realized I sort of ranted there... oh well I think this is my first ever forum rant... Awesome.
Gargantuan_Penguin

whynocheese wrote:awesome rant.
thank you for saying what I was trying to.
And HOW!
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

whynocheese wrote:Well it just that this takes effort even if it is only a small amount and as everyone else said there is already enough food options. As for your counter point:
2. Donuts were created at a time when food didn't stack so yeah originally not pointless though now... idk.
Yup, Donuts are currently pointless. I just leave them in for backwards compatibility.

I don't really see a use developing for them either, but they aren't hurting anyone, so whatever :)

Regardless, there's at least a 10 to 1 ratio between useful items and ones that are just in the mod for flavor/humor. I don't think I've ever gone overboard with that, and the time I do put in the extraneous bits, they're always extremely low development cost features that I do just for a laugh.
Zhil

Post by Zhil »

FlowerChild wrote:Yup, Donuts are currently pointless.
No, they're not actually, we use them to quickly get mass amounts of foul food, that other item that's in there for backwards compatibility :p
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Darken5

Post by Darken5 »

Spider Eye kabab... not so much. Poison Extraction to use in splash potions, possible "water" for the nether, that i do like.
Life sucks, get a cat!
Urian

Post by Urian »

You already use spider eyes to make poison potions and FC has some ideas about nether fluid he likes to tease us with every now and then (personally I'd like it to be devil's water)
FlowerChild: Ice in deserts is a good idea
Darken5

Post by Darken5 »

hmmm. Devil's Water ^^ nifty name... tho still called water... ... hmmm... any "water" in the nether shouldnt act like water or lava... not "flowing"... Poison cauldron, Devil Water Cauldron... it would make growing anything in the nether that requires "water" to be more difficult... and by using poison or alcohol would "corrupt" whatever is growing. Hellfire Wheat, Iron Reed, Skull-kin (pumpkin), ... meh. lotta stuff, mostly useless unless FC comes up with specific uses for them... "Tamed" Ghasts (not sure what use these would be other than fireball digging ^^ lol) . anyways, im off topic so far i dont think i can even see Spider eyes. lol.
Life sucks, get a cat!
albo

Post by albo »

Maybe the player should be able to extract the poison, so Steve can make poison arrows :)
Or maybe apply the poison on the swords, and maybe it lasts 30 hits or something?