What do you do with all that dung?

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
RaustBlackDragon

What do you do with all that dung?

Post by RaustBlackDragon »

Just wondering what exactly people need autmoated dung factories for. In my experience just keeping a single wolf in pleasant conditions and feeding him whenever he gets hungry gets me all of the dung I ever need. All dung is used for is to tan leather and make blocks of feces, and tanned leather doesn't exactly get used up all that quickly. What exactly do you use all that dung for?
What's the price of freedom now?
Can you cut me a deal?
A crate of wholesale liberty,
or a justice combo meal?
kregoth

Re: What do you do with all that dung?

Post by kregoth »

Haha did you start this because of the epic poop derail on your dog food topic? or are you that interested in poop? haha

I usually just collect it whenever, sense the change though it actually nice because i can just pass by flip a switch and feed them. Once I need what they produce it all in a hopper waiting to be plucked out :)
FlowerChild wrote:My theory is that stupidity acts like an infectious organism on the net. Unless it's regularly pruned from your "garden", it will inevitably overwhelm it and kill off everything else.
RaustBlackDragon

Oh no, it's just I've got a single wolf (the rest I converted to doggies) in my map, and he's already supplied me with way more dung than I feel I could use up in a solid month of playing, so I was wondering what people could possibly do with the output of their dung factories.
Can you cut me a deal?
or a justice combo meal?
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

Breeding harnesses. I think you end up needing something like 20 dung per animal, and if you're going for more than one breeding pair...it's a lot of dung.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
morvelaira

Post by morvelaira »

One thing to keep in mind is that with the advent of the breeding harness, tanned leather gets used a LOT more now.
She-who-bears the right of Prima Squee-ti
I make BTW videos! http://www.youtube.com/user/morvelaira
The kitten is traumatized by stupid. Please stop abusing the kitten.
Mr_Hosed

Post by Mr_Hosed »

Just gotta ditto the breeding harness using LOTS of dung comments. I had 4+ complete stacks of dung collected up from my 12 wolf dung factory prior to the update that changed their behavior. I haven't fed them since. I'm now down to 2 stacks and I haven't finished my breeding centers.

Breeding harnesses really did create a need to keep harvesting dung and leather beyond a stack of each.
Phantum

Post by Phantum »

Heh I have like... 50 wolves and keep running out :/
*´¨)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•` ¤ Phantum
Fallen Sun Gaming Administrator
-It's not about what you've got, it's what you make of what you've got.
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

Seriously ? Don't you use steel tools ? No hafts ? Don't you make bellows, saws ? Don't you make breeding harnesses ?
If not, then I can understand. Otherwise I think you're just not using the mod to its best potential ;)
RaustBlackDragon

Battosay wrote:Seriously ? Don't you use steel tools ? No hafts ? Don't you make bellows, saws ? Don't you make breeding harnesses ?
If not, then I can understand. Otherwise I think you're just not using the mod to its best potential ;)
Of course I use steel tools, saws, bellows, etc. But a single wolf is providing more than enough dung for those needs.
Can you cut me a deal?
or a justice combo meal?
The great randomo

Post by The great randomo »

For me, it's not the dung that's the problem, it's the leather: there is a bug in a mod I use which means I can't make animals follow me when holding wheat. :/
Chris Martin wrote:The morning is for sleeping.
Shengji

Post by Shengji »

The great randomo wrote:For me, it's not the dung that's the problem, it's the leather: there is a bug in a mod I use which means I can't make animals follow me when holding wheat. :/
Hehe, digging pit traps and giant trenches back to your base, filling them in as the animals move along for you then!
7 months, 37 different border checks and counting.
Zhil

Post by Zhil »

The great randomo wrote:For me, it's not the dung that's the problem, it's the leather: there is a bug in a mod I use which means I can't make animals follow me when holding wheat. :/
Nightmare mod or Zombie awareness probably. Both mods break breeding :/
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
The great randomo

Gilberreke wrote:
Nightmare mod or Zombie awareness probably. Both mods break breeding :/
Yeah, I know it's them. Is there a bug fix planned any time soon?
Blazara

Post by Blazara »

Or don't use those mods? :P
Blazara wrote: I, am a BETTERTHANwolfaboo.
Zhil

Post by Zhil »

Blazara wrote:Or don't use those mods? :P
Sadly, they're completely awesome mods that really change the feel of vanilla for the better, but yeah, I have to play without :/
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
The great randomo

Gilberreke wrote:
Blazara wrote:Or don't use those mods? :P
Sadly, they're completely awesome mods that really change the feel of vanilla for the better, but yeah, I have to play without :/
I noticed it worked if you throw them the wheat, do I'll probably get my farm set up, then install the mods.
Mr_Hosed

Post by Mr_Hosed »

The great randomo wrote: I noticed it worked if you throw them the wheat, do I'll probably get my farm set up, then install the mods.
If you do this just make sure you put a roof to trap your animals in. Zombie Awareness and Nightmare change mob behavior so that they can "boost" each other up higher. They'll quickly get out of fenced off areas and mobs will get into your farms the same way.
fetchystick

Post by fetchystick »

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2228

once my idea gets implemented into the mod (as it rightfully should) I'm sure you'll have a use for all that crap.