BTW Forum Terraria Server

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
joetalbot1

Re: BTW Forum Terraria Server

Post by joetalbot1 »

Also, I do only use that character on the server and my storage world. Also,guy-who-keeps-dying rugaard, I can hook you up with a set of armor, a pair of wings, a shotgun, and 250 cursed bullets if you need them.
Bucket list:
Visit Antarctica. check
Nearly cause a flame war over MLP. check
Cost Flowerchild some sanity. check
Say,"I've seen everything, now to die." why would I?
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

joetalbot1 wrote:Also, I do only use that character on the server and my storage world. Also,guy-who-keeps-dying rugaard, I can hook you up with a set of armor, a pair of wings, a shotgun, and 250 cursed bullets if you need them.
I think you're entirely missing the original intent of having a character specifically for that server. Equipment effectively is your character in Terraria.

Whatever man. I'm likely not playing there anymore after an unfortunate incident involving lava that effectively reset my progress, so if the server op doesn't object, neither do I.

I will say though if I were actively playing, I'd find your behavior highly objectionable.
joetalbot1

Post by joetalbot1 »

Well, if you despise the fact that I play a certain way on a server, the 2 logical options are either leave the server or put up with it. I would rather the latter so that there's more people playing and more people who can help fight the various bosses. But, it's your choice.
Bucket list:
Visit Antarctica. check
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

joetalbot1 wrote:Well, if you despise the fact that I play a certain way on a server, the 2 logical options are either leave the server or put up with it. I would rather the latter so that there's more people playing and more people who can help fight the various bosses. But, it's your choice.
I don't despise the way you play man, I despise the way you're going against the spirit of the server with everyone starting fresh and seem entirely incapable of seeing what is wrong with that.

Anyways, it's a moot point, since, like I said, I'm not even playing there anymore. I will definitely keep it in mind for any future community projects that you might be involved in however.
joetalbot1

Post by joetalbot1 »

I grasp the concept, but I disagree with it because I think it gets in the way of having fun. Start out weak then work your way up to a god-like being? I can't do that without being on a single player world that hasn't been touched yet. Cause y'know what? It requires non-renewable resources that are fairly rare to do that, and I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out there's no valuable ores left on the server.
That being said, I don't think a game should do the whole "start from near-absolute scratch" thing until there's stuff that makes the whole thing worth it. Terraria? Doesn't really make it worth it.
Bucket list:
Visit Antarctica. check
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

joetalbot1 wrote:I grasp the concept, but I disagree with it because I think it gets in the way of having fun. Start out weak then work your way up to a god-like being? I can't do that without being on a single player world that hasn't been touched yet. Cause y'know what? It requires non-renewable resources that are fairly rare to do that, and I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out there's no valuable ores left on the server.
That being said, I don't think a game should do the whole "start from near-absolute scratch" thing until there's stuff that makes the whole thing worth it. Terraria? Doesn't really make it worth it.
Dude, whether you agree with it or not, it was the parameters setup for the game, and your immediate instinct was to bypass that without telling anyone initially. When the rest of us started, we went there in good-faith with our noob characters, when most of us could have easily done what you did an import items from our other games.

What you did was completely throw the spirit of that out the window, invalidating the effort we were putting into building up from scratch. How that is different from hacking items into the game is beyond me.

In other words: joetalbot1 = cheater in my book.

The self-justification you insist on adding to that is just plain childish. By your own logic, if you don't agree with the server rules, then don't play there.
joetalbot1

Post by joetalbot1 »

...touche.
Goodbye folks, I'll just find a different server, and leave you all in peace on yours.
Bucket list:
Visit Antarctica. check
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

joetalbot1 wrote:...touche.
Goodbye folks, I'll just find a different server, and leave you all in peace on yours.
Actually forget about it man. I really like the fact that the BTW community is one in which people feel enough trust in each other than they're willing to participate in these kinds of games with each other.

You've run counter to that spirit, and run in circles with arguments as to why that's ok, and in trying to find loopholes in what was a very straight-forward statement by the server operator about what he wanted his server to be like.

I also notice from your post history that you really haven't contributed anything significant to this community and really only post to the off-topic sub-forum.

So, perma-ban for violating forum Rule #3 and feigning breaking Rule #1 in justifying your actions.