vMC Sleep Mechanics

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
CrimsonStorm

vMC Sleep Mechanics

Post by CrimsonStorm »

Honestly, the current mechanics for sleep in vanilla Minecraft are really getting on my nerves. No, the previous system wasn't wonderful with its numerous bugs, but at least you knew when you established a safe position for your bed, it was permanently safe (barring structural changes surrounding it). With the current distance-based systems, I can be on the second floor of my fortress, completely safe, but a skeleton outside of my door at ground level will keep me awake. Then, when you do sleep, monsters simply ignore you - so it's not as if "it makes more sense" is a valid argument. I tend to use Somnia, which fixes then if I'm playing in single-player, but it's still frustrating that this is so poorly designed.

Agree? Disagree? Ideas?
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: vMC Sleep Mechanics

Post by FlowerChild »

Agreed.
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

I agree as well, I built a tower 80+ blocks high, placed my bed on the top floor, but was unable to sleep due to a creeper near my front door, can't say I understand the new sleeping mechanic at all.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

walker_boh_65 wrote:I agree as well, I built a tower 80+ blocks high, placed my bed on the top floor, but was unable to sleep due to a creeper near my front door, can't say I understand the new sleeping mechanic at all.
That's strange. I thought it was at least based on sound-range or something. Guess it's just the 2D distance. Suckage.
joetalbot1

Post by joetalbot1 »

Well, looks like mojang has a few things to fix.
Bucket list:
Visit Antarctica. check
Nearly cause a flame war over MLP. check
Cost Flowerchild some sanity. check
Say,"I've seen everything, now to die." why would I?
whynocheese

Post by whynocheese »

A few hah look at their bug list man!
Kwilt

Post by Kwilt »

I agree it's probably horrid if you've got a massive structure, but for someone like me, it's not nearly as bad. I live in a small 2 story cottage, so if a zed or skellie is outside, I go out on the deck above to snipe him or, if that isn't viable, a quick few whacks is well enough.

Though, I can see the nonsense of living in a massive tower, but being kept up because of something at ground level.

Image (<--------------- Click me to watch live!)
diegokilla

Post by diegokilla »

Somnia ftw :)
MoRmEnGiL

Post by MoRmEnGiL »

So wait, if you haven't lit up all the caves below you you practically can't sleep anywhere? Really? O_o
War..
War never changes.

Remember what the dormouse said