Seeds and BTW

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Beerkeg

Seeds and BTW

Post by Beerkeg »

So guys im trying to decide how to start up a world with BTW and BC.
After creating something like 6 new worlds, well im not quite shure what im looking for. i just don't think i have found it yet.
It would be a world kinda like the Utopia project that is currently proposed. (altought i would never submit it as it will prolly be sub par).
So after creating a couple worlds.. i ask you guys the question, what are the seeds that when you started plaing with you said :
THIS SEED WAS MADE FOR BTW!

i would like to maybe some kind of valley to anchor my dam, and close to it some kind of existing village maybe, just to give me a starting point.

Thanks for your time guys, and gals of course

Edit: looking for 1.8 seed
Brethern

Re: Seeds and BTW

Post by Brethern »

Kill maim, burn! has a huge desert on spawn.
PuppetRebel

Post by PuppetRebel »

DIRECTLY north of the spawn is a village. Then several hundred blocks south is another village.
Deepsniper

Post by Deepsniper »

Try the seen BTW you might like what you see... theres 2 villages and plenty of mountains...
Beerkeg

Post by Beerkeg »

thanks guys for the input, BTW seed as been the closest to what i was looking for, altough its not perfect i have a good feeling about that one specially with the like 6 patches of oil close to the village :P (im playing BTW+Buildcraft mix)

Thank you all for the inputs
screally

Post by screally »

Use a random seed and mold the land into your desired appearance!
Deepsniper

Post by Deepsniper »

Another my brother has discovered that he tells me is so "awsome" is the Better Than Wolves seed Its pretty good. with an abandoned mineshaft right under your feet.
Tsugumi Henduluin

Post by Tsugumi Henduluin »

I started up a new world yesterday, with the seed "Morrowind". I ended up on a forest-biome island, with a pine-forest biome not too far away on boat, so plenty of wolves to be found to get your tech tree up and running. It also has a small lava lake and a small water lake right next to each other, so you can pour yourself a portal the moment you find 3 iron... which will be pretty damn soon, considering there is a (fairly minor, unfortunately) chasm running right through the middle of the island.

So as far as BTW-related features are concerned, this island was a pretty good starting point. On top of that, the dense forest is actually pretty neat to build in. The only thing missing is snow... but 1.8.1 doesn't have that :( And perhaps a mountain, although building *down* (into the chasm) rather than up, is a pretty interesting way of mixing things up.

Map of the region, in case anyone is interested:
Spoiler
Show
Thalmane

Post by Thalmane »

Well if your looking for a ravine found inside a ravine found inside a ravine try the seed biome
http://www.youtube.com/watch?nomobile=1&v=dQLN9pJ2aSQ

Theres also a large flat forest which is right next to a massive mountain range.
Awfulcopter

A seed for Hardcore Buckets mode

Post by Awfulcopter »

A seed for Hardcore Buckets mode.

Nothing very special about this seed, but there's a perfectly settleable valley for anyone playing with hardcore buckets on. It has water and lava up high, there are trees and desert nearby.

seed is -1983323982
coords of valley are x -400, z 350

That's not terribly near the spawn point, and there is a mountain range in between. Assuming you spawn in a forest; head north to the water. Directly across from you you should see hills. Cross the water, turn right and skirt along the base of the hills. You should pass a small cove with a scary looking cave, and then go around a point that has a bit of sand and a sugar cane plant. The next inlet is a canyon entrance. It is a little bit hidden, don't miss it. If you follow this canyon, and aren't distracted by the caves and peaks, it will lead you on a winding course right to the good settlement valley.
Spoiler
Show
The Valley in Question: Entirely serviceable.
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

I've now put in around ten hours on -1799649419. Wound up widening a ravine near a swamp to turn into a reservoir with hydroelectric dam but most everything else is already there including a largish village right there at spawn. Four truck gardens in the place and it backs up against a cliff so you can get up through the Age of Wood without having to go anywhere.
Better is the enemy of Good
Deepsniper

Post by Deepsniper »

I've been playing 1 seed for a few days now and I've been exploring like a madman. This seed is pretty much a ocean as far as I have found. You start on a island and you can find another one here and there but 15 boats later (just because somehow they smash into the island when I jump out of them) I have yet to find anything other than islands...

Here is the seed: 4482712036797817746

Its pretty fun as far as I have found to date.