Cable or hanging rail car

If you want to get banned, this is the place to post.
the_fodder

Re: Cable or hanging rail car

Post by the_fodder »

Husbag3 wrote:If FC is being so conservative with block IDs then he must have BIG plans for future development of this mod....

Haven't you heard Steve is going to the moon.

@walker_boh_65 Think about the griefing if you have a lava moat. :D "you don't want me in your house? *breaks last two rails* well I am not letting you out!"
It's FC mod, he just lets us play it.
DasKinder

Re: Cable or hanging rail car

Post by DasKinder »

Stormweaver wrote:
DasKinder wrote:
FlowerChild wrote:
DasKinder wrote:The rail way would still need a new block type, or editing of the old one, and, with BTW now linked with forge, there really isnt an ID limit any more.
FALSE
So it would have the limit per mod still? Because how magusunion make it sound in his video, you can go above and beyond the block ID limit by quite a bit, he had 3-4 mods that had similar if not more block IDs than BTW running at the same time
and he probably had <10 IDs left. Minecraft has a total of 256 of the things, vMC uses ~125 leaving a good ~130 left over. Which is just about enough room for BTW 4 times over.
Not sure how to count, but he was using BTW, industrial craft, buildcraft, and redstone lights... are those together under 256?

Edit: there was an erratum comment in the video i missed, that it consolidates sprite ID limits, not block ID limits. Never mind *facepalms at self*
Greed cant get enough
Lust cant seek enough
Pride cant need enough
Envy cant be enough
Wrath cant hate enough
Gluttony cant consume enough
Sloth cant care enough

... are you enough?