Achievements

If you want to get banned, this is the place to post.
GabLann4

Achievements

Post by GabLann4 »

I love mods who give u achievements, so i thought that maybe the mod could make achievements based on the guide like so:

Achievement Get!
Age of Wood Tier 001: Basic Mechanical Power.
(Build A Hand Crank and a Mill Stone)

One to every tier.
If u don't like my post, I'm sorry...
I'm trying to e optimist.
PuppetRebel

Re: Achievements

Post by PuppetRebel »

I'm certain this has been brought before. I think it would be awesome and help newcomers with figuring the mod out.
Still, I'm sure FlowerChild is well aware of what he can do with achievements.
darahalian

Post by darahalian »

I think the reason he hasn't added achievements yet is that it would require the use of another API to add custom achievements. If the Forge eventually includes support for achievements, FC will likely add some to the mod.
FlowerChild wrote:Remain ever vigilant against the groth menace my friends. Early detection is crucial in avoiding a full-blown groth epidemic.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Yup, just like custom sound, custom achievements is not something I can effectively do right now without the mod becoming dependent on another API.

There are eventual plans for inclusion of something like this in the Forge though, at which point I'll surely include achievements. Until that time, it's a low-priority item to be sure.

EDIT: Ninjad on my mods own forums :)
GabLann4

Post by GabLann4 »

PuppetRebel wrote:I'm certain this has been brought before. I think it would be awesome and help newcomers with figuring the mod out.
Still, I'm sure FlowerChild is well aware of what he can do with achievements.
ehhhhhhhhhh...

but it would b cool to have tech lvls based on achievements...
GabLann4

Post by GabLann4 »

FlowerChild wrote:Yup, just like custom sound, custom achievements is not something I can effectively do right now without the mod becoming dependent on another API.

There are eventual plans for inclusion of something like this in the Forge though, at which point I'll surely include achievements. Until that time, it's a low-priority item to be sure.

When the Full Done Minecraft is out, the mods will b easier to work on mods, so maybe my idea is just too hard and not so important for now...
grimper12341

Post by grimper12341 »

GabLann4 wrote:
FlowerChild wrote:Yup, just like custom sound, custom achievements is not something I can effectively do right now without the mod becoming dependent on another API.

When the Full Done Minecraft is out, the mods will b easier to work on mods, so maybe my idea is just too hard and not so important for now...
You did not just say it's too hard for FC to figure out >.>

Run. Now.

(also read the above posts properly, you completely ignored the points in them)
GabLann4

Post by GabLann4 »

grimper12341 wrote:
GabLann4 wrote:

You did not just say it's too hard for FC to figure out >.>

Run. Now.

(also read the above posts properly, you completely ignored the points in them)

LOL, he said it would b hard because it would involve another API
M!C

Post by M!C »

GabLann4 wrote:LOL, he said it would b hard because it would involve another API
I don't think that would make it much harder ... but it would be a nuisance.

Did you just refer to yourself in third person? ;)
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

M!C wrote: I don't think that would make it much harder ... but it would be a nuisance.
Yup, mainly a nuisance for players in having to install another API, and a nuisance for the community (myself included) in having to deal with all the:

"It no works!"

support-questions that inevitably would result.

I'm really not a fan of making the mod dependent on a whole whack of API's to work. This is a big part of why the Forge seemed so promising to me.
GabLann4

Post by GabLann4 »

[/quote]Did you just refer to yourself in third person? ;)[/quote]

LoL again, I'm still studying English, im brazillian...
And i refereed to FC