M!C's News Compilation

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
Mac

Re: M!C's News Compilation

Post by Mac »

M!C wrote:
morvelaira wrote:Ugh. The angry BTW fan. Whomever you are on twitter, I shake my fist at thee for making us look bad.
I'd bet he's part of the recent wave of attention BTW got ...
I agree with M!C.
This Mod is pretty big and popular as well, plus it does has a cauldron.
That`s why I think that is was just a misunderstanding.
But the way he said it is unreasonable in my view.
My Youtube channel.

FurkeyRefills

Post by FurkeyRefills »

You might have to start putting the spoiler tags into to spoiler tags in order of month, for fear of spoiler overload !

Or just start deleting days, in fact it might be nice to have a record of all Notch and Jeb's tweetyness !
FlowerChild wrote:I've made another decision... Fuck being a plug-in.
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

FurkeyRefills wrote:You might have to start putting the spoiler tags into to spoiler tags in order of month, for fear of spoiler overload !

Or just start deleting days, in fact it might be nice to have a record of all Notch and Jeb's tweetyness !
Spoilers inside of spoilers? Spoilception? I really do have to thank M!C for this, it helps me see every thing in one place, (and so i dont have to do it myself):-)
sargunv
Site Admin

Post by sargunv »

Maybe a new post for each day, and links to each post in the OP?
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

Commander Keen FTW ;)
Magmarashi

Post by Magmarashi »

Battosay wrote:Image
Commander Keen FTW ;)
Ok, I lol'd
SCIENCE!
the_fodder

Post by the_fodder »

I say spoilers for each month after they are a week old, go to years if needed

Also why would some one new to btw know about a old"promise"notch made about btw? If you want toblame someone pick on one that joined because of the original yog cast.
It's FC mod, he just lets us play it.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

the_fodder wrote: Also why would some one new to btw know about a old"promise"notch made about btw? If you want toblame someone pick on one that joined because of the original yog cast.
I really have no idea what you are saying here man. What promise? wtf? I'm intrigued :)
Magmarashi

Post by Magmarashi »

I get the impression someone heard "cauldron" and then a-herpa-derped it in a circle, maybe? Or Notch talked about adding some features that BTW later added? I try to keep up with the proposed/planned stuff from the Majong end, and this just confuses me as well.
SCIENCE!
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

I remember notch saying he was impressed by it, but I can't remember any promise to do with BTW.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Stormweaver wrote:I remember notch saying he was impressed by it, but I can't remember any promise to do with BTW.
To my knowledge, the only thing Notch has ever done with regards to BTW is post a link to the Yogscast video of it on his google+ page. That was it, and I suspect I would have heard about anything else :)
Magmarashi wrote:I get the impression someone heard "cauldron" and then a-herpa-derped it in a circle, maybe? Or Notch talked about adding some features that BTW later added? I try to keep up with the proposed/planned stuff from the Majong end, and this just confuses me as well.
Honestly, I suspect the tweets directed at Notch with regards to BTW were intended to make this community look bad. I don't think they came from a fan.
PuppetRebel

Post by PuppetRebel »

Stormweaver wrote:I remember notch saying he was impressed by it, but I can't remember any promise to do with BTW.
That's what I recall as well.
Magmarashi

Post by Magmarashi »

FlowerChild wrote:
To my knowledge, the only thing Notch has ever done with regards to BTW is post a link to the Yogscast video of it on his google+ page. That was it, and I suspect I would have heard about anything else :)
Magmarashi wrote:I get the impression someone heard "cauldron" and then a-herpa-derped it in a circle, maybe? Or Notch talked about adding some features that BTW later added? I try to keep up with the proposed/planned stuff from the Majong end, and this just confuses me as well.
Honestly, I suspect the tweets directed at Notch with regards to BTW were intended to make this community look bad. I don't think they came from a fan.
You would hope so, but don't forget that you've got fans outside this community from all over the place. More then likely it was just some terrible derps from MCF or something then a legit staging to make you look bad.

If it was, though, it was pretty poor. XD <troll harder gif goes here>
SCIENCE!
morvelaira

Post by morvelaira »

I agree with Magmarashi above. That's the way I survive. Always assume ignorance before malice, even on the internet.
She-who-bears the right of Prima Squee-ti
I make BTW videos! http://www.youtube.com/user/morvelaira
The kitten is traumatized by stupid. Please stop abusing the kitten.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

morvelaira wrote:I agree with Magmarashi above. That's the way I survive. Always assume ignorance before malice, even on the internet.
Yeah, I certainly won't rule out the possibility. I just found the timing a little...odd :)
the_fodder

Post by the_fodder »

FlowerChild wrote:
the_fodder wrote: Also why would some one new to btw know about a old"promise"notch made about btw? If you want toblame someone pick on one that joined because of the original yog cast.
I really have no idea what you are saying here man. What promise? wtf? I'm intrigued :)

I was talking about the tweet notch got but looking at your other posts you already figured that out. I was saying why would someone who just found out about BTW from the something awful mod pack know about a comment that notch might our might not have made about BTW. I really hope its not someone trying to drag BTW through the mud :tinfoilhat:
It's FC mod, he just lets us play it.
grimper12341

Post by grimper12341 »

Ok I'm just going to stick to this thread now instead of reading notch's twitter post. A guy asking him whether he is wearing pants and him answering no is far too creepy u.u
morvelaira

Post by morvelaira »

FlowerChild wrote:
morvelaira wrote:I agree with Magmarashi above. That's the way I survive. Always assume ignorance before malice, even on the internet.
Yeah, I certainly won't rule out the possibility. I just found the timing a little...odd :)
Oh, I wouldn't say that it would take very much for me to see malice in this. But in absence of further evidence, I'm blindly assuming ignorance. Because my ignorance of malice is bliss. Or something like that.
M!C

Post by M!C »

walker_boh_65 wrote:
FurkeyRefills wrote:You might have to start putting the spoiler tags into to spoiler tags in order of month, for fear of spoiler overload !

Spoilers inside of spoilers? Spoilception?
Believe me I tried that but it somehow doesn't work ...
sargunster wrote:Maybe a new post for each day, and links to each post in the OP?
I like that idea, how does that goto-link thingy work exactly?
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

Let's say you have 3 posts.
In the begining of each post, you write

Code: Select all

[anchor]Month A[/anchor]

[anchor]Month B[/anchor]

[anchor]Month C[/anchor]
The words Month X will be visible.

To link to these posts, you write in your first post

Code: Select all

[goto=Month A]The 1st month[/goto]
[goto=Month B]The 2nd month[/goto]
[goto=Month C]The 3rd month[/goto]
But it only works on the same page, so what I can do is change the order of the posts, to give you the 4/5 first on the 1st page.

Could you just post 5 random messages after this one ? It will be easier for me.
morvelaira

Post by morvelaira »

M!C wrote:02:18 PM
Jens Bergensten
The problem was that similar-looking potions could have different "hidden" ingredients, so they couldn't stack. Very confusing!
http://twitter.com/#!/jeb_/status/120835210408505344

02:18 PM
Jens Bergensten
Not even a new GUI could save the potion brewing system. I need new inspiration, so I'll work on something else for a while now =)
http://twitter.com/#!/jeb_/status/120835040849567744
So does this mean alchemy is out? o.O
M!C

Post by M!C »

morvelaira wrote:
M!C wrote:02:18 PM
Jens Bergensten
The problem was that similar-looking potions could have different "hidden" ingredients, so they couldn't stack. Very confusing!
http://twitter.com/#!/jeb_/status/120835210408505344

02:18 PM
Jens Bergensten
Not even a new GUI could save the potion brewing system. I need new inspiration, so I'll work on something else for a while now =)
http://twitter.com/#!/jeb_/status/120835040849567744
So does this mean alchemy is out? o.O
Nope, that means Jeb stopped working on it ... :(
jorgebonafe

Re: temp

Post by jorgebonafe »

No, I have to disagree.....
Better Than Wolves was borne of anal sex. True Story.
M!C

Re: temp

Post by M!C »

Battosay wrote:htfgv,bgkgkf
Can you put them on the first page? Because as you said it won't work over different pages. In case you already did it (or tried), the forums went down for a few seconds when you were at it ...

EDIT: If it takes too much time, I'll just link to the 4th page.
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

I did it, and I crashed the forum (^^), and it reverted what I did ...
I'll do that again after eating :p