Unusual but Fun way to Farm Gold Part 2

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Dorugami

Unusual but Fun way to Farm Gold Part 2

Post by Dorugami »

In my ever expanding quest to not rely on automation for resources (except for iron), I've done many many things and explored a lot of methods like large overworld wheat farms, multistory greenhouses filled with hemp, deep squid aquariums and the like.

You may remember one of my old threads detailing the hunting and killing of pigmen for their golden swords, and just a few days back, I've discovered a very VERY rewarding new way of getting gold.

It started when FlowerChild introduced the new method of getting Enchanting tables. When that was implemented, I made mine into an Infernal Enchanter and found myself at a loss how to enchant my non-steel tools. So I set out on a journey through my 500 block nether tunnel and looked for temples.

One thing to keep in mind with my story is that I always play on large biomes. Not the best setting for surviving in jungles, but amusingly helpful for making large settlements and finding villages and temples. So after 3 temples (All Desert) and eight(!!) villages...here's my total loot.

Note that I bought about 9 stacks of food when I set out.

48 mothereffing gold ingots. yay~

I was lucky enough to encounter an armored skelly in the jungle, so that's where the damaged armor came from.

I think I'll be Indiana Jones-ing again when I've depleted my gold supply. Might be a long time though.
I was at a complete loss as to why none of the villages I went to had Potatoes nor Carrots though, I mean eight is plenty enough for a chance at 'em. Just my bad luck I guess.
Better Than Wolves isn't a Mod. It's a Lifestyle.
kingcharlesiii

Re: Unusual but Fun way to Farm Gold Part 2

Post by kingcharlesiii »

I like the torch-spam in the background ;)
Dorugami

Post by Dorugami »

kingcharlesiii wrote:I like the torch-spam in the background ;)
A fit of panic during early game...never had the heart to take em out :P
Kalbuck

Post by Kalbuck »

Meme:

Found 48 mothereffing gold ingots

Still carries single bone

:)
Dorugami

Post by Dorugami »

Kalbuck wrote:Meme:

Found 48 mothereffing gold ingots

Still carries single bone

:)
Well you know what they say, sometimes you need a butt-ton of gold, and sometimes you need a working femur.
erikdk321

Post by erikdk321 »

Thats alot of gold! In my btw world i got a massive gold boost in the early game too, I found a desert temple with 21 gold.
emptychild

Post by emptychild »

And thus was born "Harder-core temples."
https://twitter.com/FlowerChildXL/statu ... 5676872704

This just in! RTH to contain a TARDIS!
Spoiler
Show
FlowerChild wrote:But, before someone asks: the box will be blue. I like blue. It's a nice soothing color.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

emptychild wrote:And thus was born "Harder-core temples."
Nah, I don't balance for large biomes. If this gets exploity, it's on the player.
DNoved1

Post by DNoved1 »

I get this on normal biomes as well.

Over a course of 3 to 5 temples, I managed to get a similar amount of gold, while searching for vessels.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

It becomes a question of frequency and how much time you have to invest in it. I've seen nothing to indicate they're so frequent on normal biomes as to represent a problem.

"5 temples" doesn't mean anything. "5 hours searching for them" (or whatever) does.
DNoved1

Post by DNoved1 »

Point taken.

Yup, it was somewhere on that order (several hours at least). Also, whisp's gold farm is much more effective in regards to production per time.

I suppose in the end it's more of a nice bonus to finding the temples, and helps to pay for the invisibility potions ;)
Dorugami

Post by Dorugami »

FlowerChild wrote:It becomes a question of frequency and how much time you have to invest in it. I've seen nothing to indicate they're so frequent on normal biomes as to represent a problem.

"5 temples" doesn't mean anything. "5 hours searching for them" (or whatever) does.
Hmm, in my past world, a normal sized biomes one, searching for a temple was very similar to how I found the temples on large biomes. Only, on small biomes, the search is actually for viable biomes rather than the temples themselves as the biomes are too small to miss the temples anyway.