Cant install

If you're having problems with your installation of Better Than Wolves, or if you've woken up in the future and are beginning to doubt the nature of reality, here's the place to post about it.
randomperson

Cant install

Post by randomperson »

I managed to install the mod when i had equivalent exchange(EE) and it went crazy(The EE).When i uninstalled EE,I couldn't install Btw mod.When i opened minecraft and tried to load the world,i either got stuck in the simulating world bit or loaded the world and all i saw was the sun and blurry stuff.Pls help.Using mac
Elensaar

Re: Cant install

Post by Elensaar »

From what I've heard (I haven't tried myself, so I'm not 100% certain), BTW and EE aren't compatible at the moment. Try getting a clean jar and installing only ModLoader, Forge and BTW and see if that works.
Lots of planets have a north...!
Urian

Post by Urian »

EE and BTW are compatible (from what I've understood) but since there are two versions of EE, you have to make sure you're using the Forge version.
FlowerChild: Ice in deserts is a good idea
randomperson

Post by randomperson »

So i basically make a whole new minecraft folder and install modloader followed by forge and btw?
Elensaar

Post by Elensaar »

You basically delete the bin folder in your .minecraft folder, or the whole .minecraft folder (remembering to back up your worlds!), and start the game. It will then download the .jar files and such fresh. Then you make sure to get the correct versions of the mods you want, and follow the instructions they come with for installing them. From what Urian wrote above it seems that the correct version of EE will work. A good tip is to install the mods one by one starting MC between each, so you know where you went wrong if you do.

For BTW the correct order is, as you said, ModLoader -> Forge -> BTW. As long as you take care to get the right versions and follow the instructions provided you'll be fine. :)
randomperson

Post by randomperson »

wat is MC?
Elensaar

Post by Elensaar »

MineCraft
randomperson

Post by randomperson »

So i first install modloader,open MC,Close,Forge then EE.OPen MC Close MC,then install Btw?
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

really all you need to do is get a clean jar, install modloader, delete META-INF, install forge 1.06, install the proper part of BTW into the jar, run and enjoy
randomperson

Post by randomperson »

Thxs
randomperson

Post by randomperson »

wait,i got another question.when i install forge 4 EE,do i need to install it again for btw?
gftweek

Post by gftweek »

You only need to install forge once (prior to installing EE or BTW). I'd recommend installing EE before BTW though, so if there are any conflicts, the BTW stuff will take precedence.