Respawn! (TPoT's queerly written Minecraft adventures)

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
ThePowerofTower

Respawn! (TPoT's queerly written Minecraft adventures)

Post by ThePowerofTower »

Day One
An easternly wind blew through the trees of a wooded forest. I could've sworn I'd been here a hundred times before, and on any other day, I might have crossed through that specific area on purpose, but today I knew nothing about this wood beside the fact that I knew it all. Once. But when that was eludes me. Perhaps there never was another day. Perhaps, I considered, I had just woken up from a horrible dream. That would explain it all.
Instinctively, I unbent my blocky fingers into some-ungodly strong kung-fu-chop formation, and began to make mincemeat of a nearby tree. The wood's resistance and bark was no match for my mettle! Hacking it further into planks, then fashioning a workbench of sorts, I assembled a very primitive sort of wooden pick; it has a long shaft, and a relatively sharp tip, with added ballast to break large stones. - But then it occurred to me- how do I know how to do any of this? Even as I thought that, I rhythmically, naturally, almost mechanically began breaking stone from a nearby cave entrance; where several picks before me have struck. My pace quickened. Am I being driven? Is this just habit for me? Swing, swing, swing, TOK, TOK, TOK, I mined. Though, I began to relax as I gathered more and more stones, I felt as though my job had been done. On the stump of the tree I had recently broken down, I sat. Taking a moment to take a breath, and slow down, I rolled my fingers about in my hand. Tapping my pinky to my palm, then my third finger, then my index, I felt control returning. I had never lost control, not once, but what drove me to do what I did I do not know. I get urges, feelings, and... I I need food. Out of no particular hunger, but perhaps, one could call it, a curiousity, an urge, an arousal as natural as breathing as one rises from a body of water, I stood up from the stump, and scouted my horizons.

Perhaps I'll come back and do more later, but I'm busy right now. It does look like a lot of fun, though, writing one of these :)