Ivalice (Original Server) Better Than Solo [BTW 4.8912]

This is the place for SMP server threads, and for general server discussion.
andreinawolf

Re: Better Than Solo - Friendly - Whitelist Reopened! [BTW 4

Post by andreinawolf »

Ethinolicbob wrote:
Mikko_blu wrote:Also Andre, What would you say to me doing some chunky renders of spawn, and slapping them on the OP?
I reserved the second post for such things if you want to use it?
I was thinking of doing a screenshot page on the web site, but if Eth wants to use his second post to maintain screenshots that's totally fine by me :)
MrPlatypus

Post by MrPlatypus »

I would love to be added to the white-list.
I have been playing BTW for about a year now, and have just recently decided to make an account and get involved with the community. I have read the forum rules and the rules on the BTS website and could not agree more with all of them. I am 17 years old and live in the United States. I enjoy building realistic looking structures and working with others. Let me know if you think I would be a good addition to your server!
andreinawolf

Post by andreinawolf »

Added a nice new feature to solve something that I felt was really annoying.

You can now paste a long URL (up to 100 characters at least), press TAB, and the URL will be changed to a shortened version.

For example, paste the URL for this thread into the chat box, then press TAB. The link will change to something like: betterthansolo.com/u/?AAIWiA
andreinawolf

Post by andreinawolf »

MrPlatypus wrote:I would love to be added to the white-list.
I have been playing BTW for about a year now, and have just recently decided to make an account and get involved with the community. I have read the forum rules and the rules on the BTS website and could not agree more with all of them. I am 17 years old and live in the United States. I enjoy building realistic looking structures and working with others. Let me know if you think I would be a good addition to your server!
I need an IGN to whitelist :P Is it II_Platypus_II?
PopCraftPC

Post by PopCraftPC »

IGN: PopCraftPC
About Myself: I am a very skillful artist and i'm good at building. I also know how to figure things out quickly and teach people how to do it. And i love to help people.

I have read and agreed to the rules.
Nielmor

Post by Nielmor »

I just took the title of the largest hemp off gain with 192 plants (sorry man, I wanted something extreme and over the top), in a couple of days after I get my stock up of hemp fibres I will openly invite anyone on the server to come take what they need from it, however there is a rule, do NOT touch my chicken stuff, if I have padding available it will be in the chests for people to pick up.

Here is an image of the farm in it's current state
Spoiler
Show
and for those who want to see images of the build process here is the album I made

http://imgur.com/a/C8vGI

Edit: spoilered the image
maxsi

Post by maxsi »

Nielmor wrote:I just took the title of the largest hemp off gain with 192 plants (sorry man, I wanted something extreme and over the top), in a couple of days after I get my stock up of hemp fibres I will openly invite anyone on the server to come take what they need from it, however there is a rule, do NOT touch my chicken stuff, if I have padding available it will be in the chests for people to pick up...
your farm has a collection system for Raw hemp(the plant)? the server has a high need of it(trading)
Blazara wrote:Better Than Wolves: So seamless, you don't know what you've got into... ;)
Nielmor

Post by Nielmor »

maxsi wrote:
Nielmor wrote:I just took the title of the largest hemp off gain with 192 plants (sorry man, I wanted something extreme and over the top), in a couple of days after I get my stock up of hemp fibres I will openly invite anyone on the server to come take what they need from it, however there is a rule, do NOT touch my chicken stuff, if I have padding available it will be in the chests for people to pick up...
your farm has a collection system for Raw hemp(the plant)? the server has a high need of it(trading)
Well I guess gain still has me there, all my hemp feeds straight to a millstone or 2
alegater2

Post by alegater2 »

Hello my real name is Jasper i am 18 years old living in Netherlands.
I do play minecraft about 2,5 years now, i am making servers for friends and make my own servers with lot of mods (like tekkit or voltz). I like to make advanced mechanisms so i do like to play BTW. My question is, could i join the server with another friend hes also 18 we like to play together with more players especially with this mod.
We both readed and accept the repective rules of BTW.

MC names.

alegater2
bokhoven

Greetings Jasper Rotteveel and lucas bokhoven
myrkana

Post by myrkana »

hmm not thinking I updated my mc to 1.5, now I can't get btw to work after reinstalling it 3 times along with mod loader each time. Do I need to wait for a new version of BTW for it to work? or am I just failing somewhere o.O
Rawr :D
Padfoote

Post by Padfoote »

myrkana wrote:hmm not thinking I updated my mc to 1.5, now I can't get btw to work after reinstalling it 3 times along with mod loader each time. Do I need to wait for a new version of BTW for it to work? or am I just failing somewhere o.O
BTW isn't ready for 1.5 yet, so you'll have to either wait for an update or use an external program to downgrade your Minecraft. I'll link to one in an edit here in a few minutes.

EDIT: Here's the most common one I hear about, I'm just not sure if it works on 1.5 and can't test due to not being near a computer.
myrkana

Post by myrkana »

Padfoote wrote:
myrkana wrote:hmm not thinking I updated my mc to 1.5, now I can't get btw to work after reinstalling it 3 times along with mod loader each time. Do I need to wait for a new version of BTW for it to work? or am I just failing somewhere o.O
BTW isn't ready for 1.5 yet, so you'll have to either wait for an update or use an external program to downgrade your Minecraft. I'll link to one in an edit here in a few minutes.

EDIT: Here's the most common one I hear about, I'm just not sure if it works on 1.5 and can't test due to not being near a computer.
'

dont think it does yet, the last downgrade you go to was 1.4.6
and I think the version we were just using was 1.4.7 ): ah well hopefully BTW will be updated soon :)

hehe now what to do? was planning on improving my new base quite a bit today xD
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

myrkana wrote: and I think the version we were just using was 1.4.7 ): ah well hopefully BTW will be updated soon :)
Gods no. I just made a statement about that in my dev diary thread. You're much better off figuring out how to downgrade your version of MC, as BTW like won't be updated to 1.5 for quite awhile.
myrkana

Post by myrkana »

FlowerChild wrote:
myrkana wrote: and I think the version we were just using was 1.4.7 ): ah well hopefully BTW will be updated soon :)
Gods no. I just made a statement about that in my dev diary thread. You're much better off figuring out how to downgrade your version of MC, as BTW like won't be updated to 1.5 for quite awhile.

aww D: ah well luckily my bf plays as well and hadnt updated his yet so i just copied his version to my computer xD
myrkana

Post by myrkana »

so andre wanted me to post some pictures of my waterfall so here they are:

if anyone wants to see these in game my base is located at the last stop on the southern nether railway :) go from the portal to the stone tower thing and follow that :D

the first two are from two different angles, the last one is from very far away so you can see the pool it feeds into by the farm :D
Spoiler
Show
Spoiler
Show
Spoiler
Show
andreinawolf

Post by andreinawolf »

myrkana wrote:so andre wanted me to post some pictures of my waterfall so here they are
It looks cool! I forgot you were doing a floating island base :)
andreinawolf

Post by andreinawolf »

alegater2 wrote:Greetings Jasper Rotteveel and lucas bokhoven
I am a bit torn in this. There is a rule that says not to post personal information of others, but I guess you did post yours too and at least it wasn't done in a way to cause harm to your friend. Also, I don't like group whitelist requests. If someone is whitelisted, and I get to know them, then I don't mind if they request one or more friends to play. In this case though, please have your friend post a separate whitelist request.
andreinawolf

Post by andreinawolf »

PopCraftPC wrote:I am a very skillful artist and i'm good at building. I also know how to figure things out quickly and teach people how to do it. And i love to help people.
Can you tell me more about yourself and your experience with BTW? I'm glad to hear you learn quickly and like helping others, but those are pretty general qualities that don't really tell me much about you. Since you only have 2 posts on the BTW forums, it's hard for me to make a call :P
andreinawolf

Post by andreinawolf »

MrPlatypus wrote:I would love to be added to the white-list.
Added to the whitelist after getting his IGN from a PM. See you soon!
andreinawolf

Post by andreinawolf »

Updated http://betterthansolo.com/stats.html to include player count and top 10 entities using tick time per world. The top 10 lists only work if there are over 2 players online just in case it can somehow be used to detect the presence of something.
maxsi

Post by maxsi »

we have a little endstone problem
Spoiler
Show
the right tower spawning area is full of endstone and need cleaning
we need 3 ppl to work at the cleaning, 1 to clean and 2 to make then not spawn in the pads wile they are under cleaning
Blazara wrote:Better Than Wolves: So seamless, you don't know what you've got into... ;)
Nielmor

Post by Nielmor »

just thought you all might want to know I wont be on much over the next week and a half due to study, if I am on I will only be afk at my hemp farm getting rope blocks
Locke

Post by Locke »

Hello,

IGN: Steven_hawking

About me: I've been playing BTW for a while now and I want to get to settle down on a server that will last (cough cough Vallhalla cough cough). I love doing big community projects like nether rail systems and want to build a skybase over a desert. I don't know why. Actually, I don't know why I need a reason.
FlowerChild wrote: Hehehe...BTW: Making Minecraft a little more vile with each release :)
Spoilered for convenience :)
Spoiler
Show
myrkana

Post by myrkana »

maxsi wrote:we have a little endstone problem
Spoiler
Show
the right tower spawning area is full of endstone and need cleaning
we need 3 ppl to work at the cleaning, 1 to clean and 2 to make then not spawn in the pads wile they are under cleaning

I'll help :)
andreinawolf

Post by andreinawolf »

Locke wrote:IGN: Steven_hawking
Whitelisted! See you sooooon!