[4.899999][Whitelist] BTW Official Co-Op Server

This is the place for SMP server threads, and for general server discussion.
emptychild

Re: [4.58] BTW Official Co-Op Server [Fuzzy Bunnies - Whitel

Post by emptychild »

Yay. Much appreciated. Just out of curiosity it prompts to download a recommended texture pack now. What pack is it suggesting?
https://twitter.com/FlowerChildXL/statu ... 5676872704

This just in! RTH to contain a TARDIS!
Spoiler
Show
FlowerChild wrote:But, before someone asks: the box will be blue. I like blue. It's a nice soothing color.
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

Battosay wrote:That was very weird.
I had the same issue as you guys, so I went and reboot *everything*, and reinstalled McMyAdmin, and it seems to work now, I was able to log in :)
Let me know if there's still a problem.
Ah. I used mymcadmin for my server back in the day and I had some issues with their white list not working right now and then. Shutdown of everything, manual check of the white list file, and reboot usually did the trick.
Detritus

Post by Detritus »

SterlingRed:
I am so sorry. I was at your base, near your cows, and a creeper came up behind me, letting them all out and killing some of them. I don't have any wheat, so I can't put them back in.
All parts should go together without forcing. You must remember that the parts you are reassembling were disassembled by you. Therefore, if you can't get them together again, there must be a reason. By all means, do not use a hammer.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Detritus wrote:SterlingRed:
I am so sorry. I was at your base, near your cows, and a creeper came up behind me, letting them all out and killing some of them. I don't have any wheat, so I can't put them back in.
Dude...come on. If you accidentally grief someone's base, at least invest the time to repair the damage.
Detritus

Post by Detritus »

FlowerChild wrote:
Dude...come on. If you accidentally grief someone's base, at least invest the time to repair the damage.
I'm in the process of doing so. I was called away and had to do something else, so I'm working on it now.
Edit: There, cows are restrained. I also bred a few of them to try and compensate for those lost.
All parts should go together without forcing. You must remember that the parts you are reassembling were disassembled by you. Therefore, if you can't get them together again, there must be a reason. By all means, do not use a hammer.
CycloneSP

Post by CycloneSP »

I am glad to announce that I have officially connected my base to the main highway. I currently don't know how to stylishly connect packed dirt roads to cobble roads, but for now, I did what I could.
"So tell me, what's it like living in a constant haze of stupidity?" - Hiei

"Snow is not fire, so it can still rain." -Kaitocain
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

Just build something between the two, like a small resting place to prepare for the road trip :)
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Battosay wrote:Just build something between the two, like a small resting place to prepare for the road trip :)
May I suggest a giant monument of intertwined phalli?
CycloneSP

Post by CycloneSP »

Hmm, I think I'll pass on the er... 'monument' XD

But would a small strip of wooden walkway be adequate?

SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

FlowerChild wrote:
Partially an accident waiting to happen there on my part. It was a cow micro singularity and not well lit. I'm sure the next time I'm on I can track down a few and I'll set up a more proper pen out of harms way. If you're still in the area dig a few holes and push at least two in.
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

Just blending the cobble and dirt together would look good. Start tossing a couple pieces of cobble in with the dirt, then 50/50, then a few dirt into a cobble path as you reach the connection point.
Better is the enemy of Good
CycloneSP

Post by CycloneSP »

that might work well for a wider road, dave, but my path is only 3 wide and I have a thing about symmetry. XD I am quite horrible when it comes to just randomly placing blocks and making it look natural. It always has to be symmetrical when I place stuff or it doesn't feel right. Don't get me wrong, I like it when other ppl do asymmetric stuff, but I can never seem to do it myself.

FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

I think it's time to request access! :D I initially did not want to play on a different server other than Edolas, but I kinda want to start over on a fresh new world and ignite that creativity spark again. Well, a new world for me anyway. :P

I likely won't be very active for the next few days, as I am rather busy at work as of tonight, but having the odd hour here and there to scrounge around and start off with nothing again is just what the doctor ordered. That, and Sangsom thai rum. =D
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Assuming your MC name is the same as your username here Face, you've been added :)
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

But off course, FaceFoiled is my name ^_^. Thanks for the whitelist!
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

<3
*dancing*
CycloneSP

Post by CycloneSP »

Hey batto, I've been waitin for a good while for you to get back on the server, but right now I need a good haul of netherrack. So, would it be okay if I made a central portal for us to use? I would prefer to let make the portal where you wanted, but I'm all out of netherrack and need more. Is that okay with you?

tom_savage

Post by tom_savage »

There's actually a portal already close to you on the other side of the spawn that is linked properly. It's in the winter biome.
CycloneSP

Post by CycloneSP »

Thanks for the info tom. I tried checking batto's chasm workshop and couldn't find one. I'll be sure to check it out.

Also, if/when I do find it, does anyone have any objections to me sprucing it up? Add a building and some decor or whatnot?

CrimsonStorm

Post by CrimsonStorm »

Mara - one of your portals, labeled "Porta D" in the Nether, is close enough to my overworld base that it's interfering a bit with my nether portal linking. Would you mind if I just destroyed your overworld portal there (it doesn't appear to be close to anything) and had that nether portal link to my base instead?
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

STRONGHOLD BREACHED!

Okay I know the end has already been visited. I figured there had to be a stronghold in the general direction of my base though right? I set out with a single ender eye in hopes of getting lucky. After a quick drop to be bottom of a ravine resulting in a hardcore spawn side trip, i got near the stronghold before the eye broke. I continued a bit and thanks to a bit of lag, saw the library through the ground. Call it cheating to use the rendering like that, but 5 drill attempts later I hit it!
Stronghold is just a wee bit off dahara's road from his base to spawn. There's a sign, it's pretty clearly marked. Needs 11 ender eyes to activate portal. This stronghold is very large. I started in but ran out of time and tool durability, need to resupply. Chest at the bottom of the ladder contains some junk, loot, and a bunch of iron doors I broke. Free for the taking.
As far as where the portal is in that stronghold, I can't give you any clear direction to it. I wandered around and found it but didn't mark a path to it or anything.

EDIT: Also that stronghold is nowhere near my base. I'm due south -south east of spawn, this stronghold is just about due west (little north).

Edit2: it's worth noting I wasn't trying to abuse the rendering. I was actually starting to hunt enderman when I saw it. It was hard to pretend I didn't see it so I figured I'd give trial and error a shot in finding it. It definitely breaks the game immersion when that happens and I wish I hadn't seen it through the world. Thanks mojang!
emptychild

Post by emptychild »

Actually got 2 eyes tonight just before logging off. We'll pop that sucker open in no time.
https://twitter.com/FlowerChildXL/statu ... 5676872704

This just in! RTH to contain a TARDIS!
Spoiler
Show
FlowerChild wrote:But, before someone asks: the box will be blue. I like blue. It's a nice soothing color.
darahalian

Post by darahalian »

SterlingRed wrote:STRONGHOLD BREACHED!
The path to the stronghold is off of a bridge I started, which is currently only a long path of cobblestone slabs hanging in midair. I've never been super good at aesthetics, so anyone who wants to can feel free to make it look nice. It will probably need a roof, since it's in a snow biome. I will be happy to provide supplies and labor.
FlowerChild wrote:Remain ever vigilant against the groth menace my friends. Early detection is crucial in avoiding a full-blown groth epidemic.
sky_demon

Post by sky_demon »

Things in server are going really nicely. Most people starting to expand in nether, and having neatly connected portals.
Ross, and Tom have made there nether base, and they're taking care of spawn portal in nether by making nice hub(or at least going to).

Atm I'm in progress of building mayan city. Here's simple but good looking first temple. I'm thinking of putting portal into it,
and just making same temple just out of nether brick in nether, as "connection between two dimentions".
Nothing too fancy(still WIP)
Show
PatriotBob

Post by PatriotBob »

If you're so inclined, I'd take kindly to being white-listed.
IGN: PatriotBob
I hope by now I've established my self as a generally not-terrible person. :)