Overpowered food source (potatoes)

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: Overpowered food source (potatoes)

Post by FlowerChild »

Sarudak wrote:Whoever told you that automation is enough incentive for automation is wrong though. That's like saying building is enough incentive for building. For many it is but this mod is focused on giving you reasons for building and automation. That's why some processes are excessively annoying to do manually. To encourage automation. Things like milling, dung production and pottery are examples.
Bang on. And even for those for whom automation itself acts as its own incentive, incentivizing it increases the sense of satisfaction that comes along with it.

BTW is fairly unique amongst tech mods in that it not only provides the potential for automation, but also in-game motivation for setting it up. Providing stuff to do is all well and good, especially when you're just thinking in terms of MC being a toy, but providing reasons to do it is what makes a game out of it.
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

I completely agree. While I love to automate stuff just for the sake of doing it, it is way better to actually have use for it. I am currently part-way through a steel mill, and while it is in no way necessary, I still would like it for the armor, which is great incentive.One great thing that BTW allows me to do is have about 7-8 buildings in a mid-tech village (at steel, but only breeding automated), and each of them has a purpose.
Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

I love how in vanilla MC you see people building these grand structures with empty room after empty room and yet in my world with BTW there's never enough space to put everything. As soon as a new structure get's built it get's used.
thygrrr

Post by thygrrr »

That's what I like about BTW as well - you build with purpose. Aesthetics are an afterthought, form often follows function.
I am looking forward to improved food rules, farms and food in general are quite a mess (always were ... ).

I think anything you can indefinitely grow after you got a starting crop needs to be carefully balanced.