Timing

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
thygrrr

Timing

Post by thygrrr »

Wow. After playing and lurking for months (actually almost a year, I think) I finally found a moment of open registration :-)

Just wanted to say hi and this mod is awesome.

No idea if I can gather enough credibility to even apply for the official server (it's got awesome latency for me, and I dig true anarchy survival play).

In the meantime, I might open an local server for people because playing alone sucks, and non-BTW minecraft servers usually have Faction or protected chests etc.

No idea if my upstream is big enough. Might rent a box but I really prefer to play and not to admin too much. :-)
EpicAaron

Re: Timing

Post by EpicAaron »

Vanilla, especially anarchy play, requires little to no effort to moderate, since stopping grief is almost impossible without bedrock everwhere. Unless you actually plan on trying to create a peaceful anti anarchy community. That is hard. Welcome to the forums!
BTW Community Server Discord: https://discord.gg/arZpuYW
Spoiler
Show
thygrrr

Re: Timing

Post by thygrrr »

EpicAaron wrote:Vanilla, especially anarchy play, requires little to no effort to moderate, since stopping grief is almost impossible without bedrock everwhere. Unless you actually plan on trying to create a peaceful anti anarchy community. That is hard. Welcome to the forums!

Nah, I am completely in favor of full and total anarchy (I wonder why so few MC servers out there have true anarchy without Factions or safe Chests; and why most of them have luxurious spawn areas with end game content readily available for public use - I found that weird, considering that the anarchy and survival aspect are what got me into the game, and machinery was what got me to stay / stray to BTW).

Administrating a game server involves in my eyes:
- frequent linux distro updates
- somewhat frequent minecraft updates
- somewhat frequent BTW updates
- banning the occasional cheater (with HCB, fortunately, griefing is probably limited to flyers and x-rayers, but that's bad enough)