How to do stairs in multi floor buildings?

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
SterlingRed

How to do stairs in multi floor buildings?

Post by SterlingRed »

Alright, I'm getting tired of making myself nauseous running up and down twisted stairs in my current base. My base has...I don't even know...5 levels all of varying heights at the moment? Ladders are great, but I like open floors with stairs. I think it looks cool, only problem is I'm not sure how to do them so that moving around the building is efficient and not nauseating.

Do you place your stairs following the perimeter of your builds? (This is what I've currently done). Have the stairs as just straight runs up without corners and construct the building around it? Forget about stairs and use ladders instead? Lifts everywhere?
The other problem I have is I often clip a corner and fall off the stairs taking a bit of damage. In some places railing just looks bad or takes up too much space.

What do you all do for aesthetic vertical travel within buildings?
Taleric

Re: How to do stairs in multi floor buildings?

Post by Taleric »

Try half slabs! They look better if you are going to not have anything underneath. Also they look much better wider to avoid falling.
dawnraider

Re: How to do stairs in multi floor buildings?

Post by dawnraider »

I tend to have less vertical buildings (usually only 2 floors), but here's screenshots of most staircases I could find across several worlds.

https://imgur.com/a/O7c9G

I guess I solve that problem though by limiting number of stairs (only 1/3 of my builds even have more than 1 floor, not counting service access) and just spreading horizontally.
Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!