No HD-support?

If you're having problems with your installation of Better Than Wolves, or if you've woken up in the future and are beginning to doubt the nature of reality, here's the place to post about it.
Urian

No HD-support?

Post by Urian »

It seems that something with the new version does not like the HD-patcher. I can get it running without using the HD-patcher but if I first patch it and then install BTW (and its prerequisites, all from a clean bin) then all I get is a black screen.

This is most likely something related to Forge 1.0.6 though but it might be good to ahve a thread about it here if other people encounter the same problem.
FlowerChild: Ice in deserts is a good idea
Dark_Tundra

Re: No HD-support?

Post by Dark_Tundra »

I am running 32x textures with forge 1.0.6 and BTW 2.93 without any problems using MCPatcher 2.1.0_02.
I'm having MCPatcher install Modloader, and MinecraftForge with it's inbuilt function; and adding BTW to the bin manually if that is any help.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Yeah, sorry Urian, but HDPatcher, Optifine, and Zombe are all known incompatibilities with Forge 1.05 and higher.

This situation is bound to be resolved with time, but for now, I can only ask for patience as more mods move to support the Forge. The thing to understand, is that by many mods pooling their base-class modifications like this, it makes it more and more likely that anyone not directly supporting the Forge will become increasingly incompatible with it.

It's only a matter of time IMO before the mods listed move to support the Forge, or equivalent Forge compatible mods are created. I know that Optifine compatibility in particularly is being actively worked on at present.
gftweek

Post by gftweek »

I got it to work just fine! After plenty of black screens. :)

I'm using 128px texture pack and 32px BTW pack.

I used MCPatcher to do the installs as shown
Spoiler
Show
The BTW zip shown contains the contents from the MINECRAFT-JAR folder in the BTW release zip, and I've already replaced the BTW textures there with the 32px resolution ones.

GuiAPI and AudioMod are for Mo'Creatures so I can tone done the squid spawning rate (only reason I currently use it!).
Lighthouse

Post by Lighthouse »

I was wondering about the sheared sheep's texture problem.

And this is the problem. You folks gotta be careful with this, since there are far more people using HD textures than mods, and this HD-patcher has been de facto standard tool for HD textures. Some people just don't understand/refuse to use Forge only because of this issue.