Mirror in MCF OP broken

If you're having problems with your installation of Better Than Wolves, or if you've woken up in the future and are beginning to doubt the nature of reality, here's the place to post about it.
M!C

Mirror in MCF OP broken

Post by M!C »

The mirror put up for people "having problems with the download links found there" (the one for forge) doesn't work anymore, mediafire says "Invalid or Deleted File".
Also at least 7 of the demonstration videos linked can't be watched from Germany due to license issues (I hate youtube for it).
If you want to spend time on fixing this I'll list them.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: Mirror in MCF OP broken

Post by FlowerChild »

No man, I won't be fixing that. Germany has particularly strict copyright laws that don't allow many of my videos to be viewed there due to the music I use. I knew that when I created them.

Problems with MCF should be reported in the Minecraft forum thread for the Forge itself. I am unable to edit the download links myself.
M!C

Post by M!C »

FlowerChild wrote:No man, I won't be fixing that. Germany has particularly strict copyright laws that don't allow many of my videos to be viewed there due to the music I use. I knew that when I created them.
Ok, no problem, I just wanted to make sure you're aware of it. I mainly opened the thread because of that mirror/link anyway.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

M!C wrote:
FlowerChild wrote:No man, I won't be fixing that. Germany has particularly strict copyright laws that don't allow many of my videos to be viewed there due to the music I use. I knew that when I created them.
Ok, no problem, I just wanted to make sure you're aware of it. I mainly opened the thread because of that mirror/link anyway.
Yeah, like my edit says above, the problem with the Forge link should probably be reported in the Forge thread as I have no control over that aspect.
M!C

Post by M!C »

FlowerChild wrote:
M!C wrote:
Yeah, like my edit says above, the problem with the Forge link should probably be reported in the Forge thread as I have no control over that aspect.
Oh sorry, I overlooked that, it's already late here ...

Edit: Their links seem to be working fine though ... maybe they deleted/moved the older forge version and you're not linking to 1.0.5 yet? Anyway I'm not going to bother you further since I'm off to bed now.
M!C

Post by M!C »

Ok, so now I've tested every single link in the forge OP and they all work.
While doing that I found only the newest version to be downloadable from mediafire while all versions can be found on sourceforge.
That probably means a file is removed from mediafire once a new version comes out hence the problem with the mirror.