Will 'o the Wisp

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Dorugami

Will 'o the Wisp

Post by Dorugami »

I wasn't sure if it was a bug or a feature, but I did find it strange. There's light on an otherwise dark area.

Screenshots:
Spoiler
Show
Note that there aren't any siding + light trick being used here. Also it's night, so there shouldn't be any light. There are also no floating jack o lanterns or glowstone or any of that shit, and if the lighting on the ground is any indication, the object would have had to be 3 or less blocks above the ground.

My hunch is I left a forest fire going on at this spot at some point and the leaves decayed and took the fire with it but the lighting never did. Anyone else experiencing this?
Better Than Wolves isn't a Mod. It's a Lifestyle.
ExpHP

Re: Will 'o the Wisp

Post by ExpHP »

Yes, I've had this happen to an area that I lit on fire, my guess is when chunks were unloaded.

It looked like a very large area was lit up, but it turned out there were only 10 or so bugged tiles. I managed to fix it through trial and error by placing blocks and watching the shadows change.
erikdk321

Post by erikdk321 »

Yup, this is fire. I have seen this happen on EmeraldCrack too. (someone burnt a path through the jungle and it was lit which was quite convenient)
Hipnos

Post by Hipnos »

The light that some mushrooms emit can be left behind after the mushroom is gone, also.
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

Just to be clear, so nobody goes running off to the bug reports, it's a vanilla issue that's about as old as time. In some cases fire doesn't "exitinguish" properly which leaves lighting issues and / or invisible fire. Placing a block where the bugged fire would be fixes it.