Graphical conflict between BTW and GLSL Shaders

If you're having problems with your installation of Better Than Wolves, or if you've woken up in the future and are beginning to doubt the nature of reality, here's the place to post about it.
Erisiah

Graphical conflict between BTW and GLSL Shaders

Post by Erisiah »

This is both a bug report and suggestion. The images are in spoilers.

With the latest release of BTW and the new method of storing textures, there is now a graphical glitch that occurs when someone is using the GLSL Shaders mod and the "Waving Plants/Liquids" shaders:
Spoiler
Show
The saw, rope, detector, hand crank, pulley and liquid cement all have some of their textures distorted because of this.
Spoiler
Show
The red areas are where the plants, leaves, wheat, water & lava lie in the original terrain.png
Now I know that I can fix this by turning off the waving plants in the shader files, but I was wondering if the BTW terrain could be modified to move the affected tiles out of the "wavy vegitation areas"? Something like this:
Spoiler
Show
If you put the hemp growth stages where the wheat is in the original, the GLSL shaders will automatically wave the hemp when "Waving Wheat" is turned on!
I ask this only because I like both of these mods, and I'd really like them to play nice with each other.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: Graphical conflict between BTW and GLSL Shaders

Post by FlowerChild »

I'm moving this over to the tech support forum as it's not a bug with the mod.

I'd recommend that the author of said mod consider Forge compatibility to avoid problems like this. I suspect it would be a very easy change for him to make.
Erisiah

Re: Graphical conflict between BTW and GLSL Shaders

Post by Erisiah »

FlowerChild wrote:I'm moving this over to the tech support forum as it's not a bug with the mod.
Upon further reflection, I realise that this will probably happen to any Forge mod that uses the terrain.png style of textures. I'll mention that in the GLSL Shaders thread.