New Release! (BTW V4.84)

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: New Release! (BTW V4.84)

Post by FlowerChild »

Yup, the above has already been pointed out multiple times and I've corrected it for next release. Just an oversight on my part while revising the readme.
the_fodder

Post by the_fodder »

I should have assumed you had caught that even though it wasn't mentioned on the BTW forums. Sorry.

So this post isn't a complete waste... This is my impressions of BTW as a player who hadn't updated since hardcore hunger was added. Most of this is just rehashing what other people have said so I will just bullet point it.

- Stone age, at first I was NO-ONE can do this... then I felt the richness of having a stack and a half of cobble. (I think the mind set 'start a pick finish a pick' saved me)
- Stratification. I feel like I shouldn't be down at some levels. Love it.
- Multiple double team deaths,the most memorable was being in a boat and a spider slowed me down enough for a creeper to come say hi.
- Survived blinding death twice, first was waiting for rotten flesh to wear off so I could eat real food again after swimming up a waterfall. Another was playing firefighter standing in the middle of my tree house as it burned around me.
- Hungry wolves are great. I found one in the dessert across a river from any natural spawn areas. Guessing it chased some prey there.
- The beast. shit.
Spoiler
Show
I have to be careful with my hunting pack. One actually turned while I was a boat.
- Re-smelted my first chain-mail, nice.
- Multiple other little tweaks that just feel right.
It's FC mod, he just lets us play it.
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

the_fodder wrote:- The beast. shit.
Spoiler
Show
I have to be careful with my hunting pack. One actually turned while I was a boat.
Spoiler
Show
Interesting. I wasn't sure if that was possible or not. I guess I was right to trap all my tamed wolves in a glass cage.
Better Than Wolves was borne of anal sex. True Story.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Keep spoilers to the spoiler threads please.