[32x] My Texture mix (Update 2.07 - Final BTW Version)

This sub-forum is dedicated to add-ons and texture packs for Better Than Wolves.
Urian

Re: My texture pack mix (32x) (Update 1.8 v7) (BTW 3.21)

Post by Urian »

Steelfeathers wrote:I love how you don't even mention the fact that you took textures from my pack. Very nice.

Please be so kind as to include my pack on the list of used packs, or remove my textures.
Which texturepack of yours (and which textures are used from it)? Battosay usually asks for permission but he's said he's forgotten where he got some since he started the pack only for himself and only put it up for download once his videos got popular.
FlowerChild: Ice in deserts is a good idea
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

At a glance, I could only see the light block texture being that guy's glowstone tex. Seems like a simple enough fix (considering the reaction given on the TP's thread).
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

Steelfeathers wrote:I love how you don't even mention the fact that you took textures from my pack. Very nice.

Please be so kind as to include my pack on the list of used packs, or remove my textures.
Yup, I fail to see which textures could be yours here.
I've used an Alt. Doku terrain for the basis, along with a lot of John Smith's and Vattic's TP for the vanilla texture, but that's it. I took care to remove some texture that were in the alt Doku terrain, but were from other TP, so I can't see which one could be yours here.
The BTW ones are only made with some of Urian's items, and mostly from Vattic's and Tekei's textures, along with mine, or some tweaks made to the Doku terrain I used for the vanilla textures.
Kwilt

Post by Kwilt »

If I'm correct in believing this is his texture pack, then I believe the only two blocks that are identical are the diamond and lapis lazuli block.

Unless my eyes are going bad, that is.

Image (<--------------- Click me to watch live!)
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

KWilt wrote:If I'm correct in believing this is his texture pack, then I believe the only two blocks that are identical are the diamond and lapis lazuli block.

Unless my eyes are going bad, that is.
And battosay's light block is steelfeather's glowstone. Only one I saw tbh :|
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

Damn, looks like you're right.
That's weird. And a shame. Here's where I got it :
The Light block, which is your glowstone, was in an alternate 32x32 file, for the Glowstone.

That was a pseudo fan-made continuation of Doku's pack, on the french minecraft forums.
I tried to check the link, but it looks like the thread got deleted.

So ... yeah. Sorry about that man, I honestly had no idea. I shall fix that mistake asap !
Dextralus

Re: My texture pack mix (32x) (Update 1.0 v1) (BTW 3.26)

Post by Dextralus »

I just wanted to thank you specifically for that image in the OP which identifies all the textures in the BTW terrain. It was very helpful, particularly with the crucible-related textures.
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

So, finally updated for 1.0.
Thanks for Tekei for the Soap texture, which is simply perfect :)
And also for the rope and grate, I'll make some when I'll feel like doing textures, which is not the case right now ^^
Oh and, I found the Steel texture in my database, labeled "alt iron", but I can't remember where it's from.
If anyone knows :)
Steelfeathers

Post by Steelfeathers »

Battosay wrote:

Yup, I fail to see which textures could be yours here.
I've used an Alt. Doku terrain for the basis, along with a lot of John Smith's and Vattic's TP for the vanilla texture, but that's it. I took care to remove some texture that were in the alt Doku terrain, but were from other TP, so I can't see which one could be yours here.
The BTW ones are only made with some of Urian's items, and mostly from Vattic's and Tekei's textures, along with mine, or some tweaks made to the Doku terrain I used for the vanilla textures.

Thank you for putting my texture pack on the list.
You used four of my textures-- the glowstone, lapiz block, diamond block, and light blue wool.
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

Steelfeathers wrote:Thank you for putting my texture pack on the list.
You used four of my textures-- the glowstone, lapiz block, diamond block, and light blue wool.
How did you find out about this pack btw? I'm intrigued :)

Also, welcome to the forum :)
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Steelfeathers

Post by Steelfeathers »

Gilberreke wrote:
Steelfeathers wrote:Thank you for putting my texture pack on the list.
How did you find out about this pack btw? I'm intrigued :)

Also, welcome to the forum :)
I was checking out the BTW thread and saw some of my textures in one of the videos on the OP.

Also, I just realized that there are three other textures of mine on there-- black wool, red wool, and that silver block on the bottom png (which is actually from a different pack of mine :))
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

Nope, the black and red wool is from John Smith, along with the other wool colors, and the iron cross thingy is from Doku
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

Steelfeathers wrote:I was checking out the BTW thread and saw some of my textures in one of the videos on the OP.

Also, I just realized that there are three other textures of mine on there-- black wool, red wool, and that silver block on the bottom png (which is actually from a different pack of mine :))
Ah, Battosay was wondering who to credit for that :)

We noticed in another thread that someone just tried to steal your texture pack, is that right? I know how much it sucks when people just blatantly distribute your stuff around, trying to make it look like they made it
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Steelfeathers

Post by Steelfeathers »

Battosay wrote:Nope, the black and red wool is from John Smith, along with the other wool colors, and the iron cross thingy is from Doku
Well, they aren't used in the wool slots, they're used on the png beneath the terrain.png. But the diamond-patterned black and red squares are mine, and they're used as wools in my pack. EDIT: And again, I'm talking about the silver block and the wooly red and black blocks on the mod-specific png, not the default png. The wool blocks I'm talking about are right above the growing hemp.
Last edited by Steelfeathers on Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Steelfeathers

Post by Steelfeathers »

Gilberreke wrote:
Steelfeathers wrote:I was checking out the BTW thread and saw some of my textures in one of the videos on the OP.

Ah, Battosay was wondering who to credit for that :)

We noticed in another thread that someone just tried to steal your texture pack, is that right? I know how much it sucks when people just blatantly distribute your stuff around, trying to make it look like they made it
You got that right. I've had to deal with three people and two days going, 'omg look what I made guys'. At first it makes me look like the FUUUUUU face. Then it just makes me want to stop making textures.
RaustBlackDragon

Post by RaustBlackDragon »

Yep, I had an encounter with that same guy. You may have noticed "his" mod, "Talents for dogs"?

it was just a renamed zip folder, I kid you not. and when he was exposed, he claimed that he used Doggy Talents as a base, and then modded it beyond recognition.

...Funny how, supposedly in the process of that, he DIDN'T BOTHER TO CHANGE THE NAMES OF THE CLASS FILES.
What's the price of freedom now?
Can you cut me a deal?
A crate of wholesale liberty,
or a justice combo meal?
Blueblade11

Post by Blueblade11 »

Well, while we're on the subject of where textures came from, it looks like the dyes on the 'items.png' come from Sphax's PureBDCraft. :\
Just thought i'll mention it.

EDIT: Also the Refined Armour and the Composite bow look like odified textures as well (From sphax)
255 Characters Limit? D:
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/941586- viewtopic.php?f=11&t=3117
I don't want to go back to MCF! Even if I do stupid things here 90% of the time!
Panda

Asking permission for my texture pack.

Post by Panda »

Dear Battosay, i am currently working on a 32x texture pack geared around better than wolves. however after using your Mix pack for some time i find myself having trouble parting with certain BTW textures you have made. Which is why i would like your permission to use some of your textures.
Please hear me out when i say you have been an inspiration to my creativity, and I'd be willing to post a terrain and item pics form the pack.
It will take some time to finish it because i have finals in college right now but i am eagerly awaiting your approval.
(the pack will be called Pandoku Mix (Panda doku))

Moved this to Battosay's texture pack topic.
/Urian
Never say no to Panda.
Urian

Post by Urian »

As I noted in your post, I moved it to this topic. Also, I think it would be helpful if you said what textures you're interested in since, as Battosay says in the OP, he's both created and borrowed textures :)
FlowerChild: Ice in deserts is a good idea
sky_demon

Post by sky_demon »

why you all trying to figure out what textures he used and from what packs... Just be happy and enjoy this nice txt pack. And if you dont like some of textures, you can change them by your self how i do. Still this txt pack is awsom and if i change, i change only few textures.
Kwilt

Post by Kwilt »

sky_demon wrote:why you all trying to figure out what textures he used and from what packs... Just be happy and enjoy this nice txt pack. And if you dont like some of textures, you can change them by your self how i do. Still this txt pack is awsom and if i change, i change only few textures.
That's... not the problem at hand. Rather, Batto was (unknowingly) using textures from someone else's pack. Which is a big no-no without permissions.

Image (<--------------- Click me to watch live!)
sky_demon

Post by sky_demon »

KWilt wrote:
sky_demon wrote:why you all trying to figure out what textures he used and from what packs... Just be happy and enjoy this nice txt pack. And if you dont like some of textures, you can change them by your self how i do. Still this txt pack is awsom and if i change, i change only few textures.
That's... not the problem at hand. Rather, Batto was (unknowingly) using textures from someone else's pack. Which is a big no-no without permissions.
man. just shhhh and be happy to use this nice texture pack :D ok if for real if battosay gonna want to leave this texture pack in public then he will need to ask for permissions from original texture pack creators but i guess he wont because he made this only (or maybe not) for him self and he wanted us to be happy too by playing btw mod in HD. so as im guessing he wont gonna ask for permissions and just take this out and enjoy the pack for him self. but nvm it ok because we know how hard to get permissions and stuff...
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

Nope, he's right, if there's some textures from pack that I didn't know about, and ask for permission/mention in the OP, that's a good thing to tell me.

Though I never heard of PureCraft, that's not where I got the dyes items from. I'll check when I'll be back home.
sky_demon

Post by sky_demon »

Battosay wrote:Nope, he's right, if there's some textures from pack that I didn't know about, and ask for permission/mention in the OP, that's a good thing to tell me.

Though I never heard of PureCraft, that's not where I got the dyes items from. I'll check when I'll be back home.
what ya know... maybe that PureCraft also tuck those textures from someone :D any way its nice that we have you. cool videos, nice texture pack mix and stuff like that :D
Panda

Post by Panda »

Yeah, ide prefer not to make a "Big no no" and use something someone doesn't want me to, so im asking Permission now =]
Never say no to Panda.