Enchanting new armors on the infernal enchanter

If you're having problems with your installation of Better Than Wolves, or if you've woken up in the future and are beginning to doubt the nature of reality, here's the place to post about it.
Six

Enchanting new armors on the infernal enchanter

Post by Six »

I went to go put some enchants on basic gear with the infernal enchanter, and it seems as if a lot of the new stuff can't take enchants? I couldn't put feather falling on tanned leather boots, nor could I put any level of blast protection on the chest pieces for padded, wool, tanned leather or chain.

I thought maybe this was intentional, but the tanned leather seems strange as a normal leather chest piece can take blast protection I. Anyone else tried infernal enchanting things lately and run into troubles?
Mason11987

Re: Enchanting new armors on the infernal enchanter

Post by Mason11987 »

Six wrote:I went to go put some enchants on basic gear with the infernal enchanter, and it seems as if a lot of the new stuff can't take enchants? I couldn't put feather falling on tanned leather boots, nor could I put any level of blast protection on the chest pieces for padded, wool, tanned leather or chain.

I thought maybe this was intentional, but the tanned leather seems strange as a normal leather chest piece can take blast protection I. Anyone else tried infernal enchanting things lately and run into troubles?
I thought infernal enchanter was only for steel items. You're saying basic leather armor can be enchanted in it as well?
Six

Post by Six »

Mason11987 wrote:
Six wrote:I went to go put some enchants on basic gear with the infernal enchanter, and it seems as if a lot of the new stuff can't take enchants? I couldn't put feather falling on tanned leather boots, nor could I put any level of blast protection on the chest pieces for padded, wool, tanned leather or chain.

I thought infernal enchanter was only for steel items. You're saying basic leather armor can be enchanted in it as well?
It's actually sort of the reverse of this, steel can only be enchanted on the infernal enchanter but not on the vanilla enchanter. But yes, you can enchant leather, iron and diamond armor on it too.

I've actually taken to exclusively using the infernal enchanter, because the vanilla one just feels wrong to me. Being able to drop a bunch of level one enchants onto all your armor pieces to get protection I on all of them is way too easy.
Vexalor

Post by Vexalor »

I'm actually getting this too. It makes sense for the wool and padded armor, but the fact that you can't enchant chain or tanned leather left me scratching my head.

The weirdest part, though, is that you can enchant all this stuff normally in the vanilla enchanter. I hesitate to say this is a bug, but it very well might be.

EDIT: I ran a test with every armor material with a projectile protection scroll. Steel, Diamond, and Gold can be enchanted to IV, iron to II, leather to I. Tanned leather, padded, chain, and cloth all cannot be enchanted at all, but can be in the vanilla enchanter. Maybe this is intended to some degree?