Better than Before! (BTW Let's Play) [spoilers]

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Prof_Ion

Better than Before! (BTW Let's Play) [spoilers]

Post by Prof_Ion »

As the title states there will be spoilers in this thread. Now that you are warned about that do me a favor and do NOT post spoilers in here. I put the spoilers tag so that I could write posts with information about the update not you [Though I will try and keep my spoilers within the *spoilers* thing, but if you are watching the videos it really doesn't matter anyway! :P ]. This thread is to go along with the video series I started today actually with my dad (who won't always be playing with me, and who does not have a mic yet). So we kicked off our play experience today and were surprised by a few things! Here are some of them!
Spoiler
Show
"Let's punch some wood...Oh you already started cool!" a short while later "Damn this sucks!" *Mining our first cobble, and the wood pic breaks after 11 stone harvested. "Flower Child I really love and Hate you right now!" (after dying a few times my dad said, "FC if you are watching this video... This is awesome! I don't die in minecraft, and this is awesome! Good job you made Minecraft a game again!"
A fun little experience for sure was when...
Spoiler
Show
My dad (Wgurgh) tamed a wolf, and Max (our wolf) was following us around. We stumbled on a temple and we investigated. Well my dad fell into the hole in the temple we had dug and missed the pressure plate! We both sighed in relief... Just then I said, "dude make that stupid dog sit already!" His response was short and simple "Dude it's to late I'm dead." I gave him a funny look from across the table and just then "BOOM!!!! I shook my head in wonder and sighed as the explosion missed me by two blocks. He then looked to me and said "Max stepped on the pressure plate....."
That had to be my all time favorite moment in minecraft! We had a blast! I can't wait to keep playing and see all the other awesome additions you made!!!
Also...
Spoiler
Show
The whole thing with spiders shooting webs! That is awesome man! I love it very happy with it!
And witches spawning outside their huts that I like! I have not yet figured out what makes them spawn when or where but I can't wait to find it out! I am having a blast with this update great work Flower Child!
The video link will be here after what I have done is all converted correctly, and I upload the first one!
Oh I will suggest if you are going to watch the first one either don't watch all at once or get some popcorn crack a cold beer and recline in your office chair, recliner or what have you, because it is a long one for sure! (Very long to be more specific it is an hour and a half.) I would have edited it to smaller parts but it all just flowed so well together, and My father and I lost track of time in that one lol :P we started recording earlier than we thought. Edited- Yeah I my bad apparently I can't read numbers and should wear my glasses more often lol
I hope you enjoy!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lSb-FxdrVU
[episode 3]

Just starting another LP as well! Got an old forge guy into it! He is running a server for he and I and we are gonna be playing together and recording as well as live streaming if we get enough viewers on you tube.I will add a link for our videos as soon as I get them recorded.

Edit- changed the link to go to the video on my old account. (jace180013)
Last edited by Prof_Ion on Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:43 am, edited 5 times in total.
Kaitocain wrote: Snow is not fire, so it can still rain.
FaceFoiled

Re: Better than Before! (BTW Let's Play) [spoilers]

Post by FaceFoiled »

I'm looking forward to the video prof! :) Great stuff!
Razzle

Post by Razzle »

Looking forward to it Prof :)
Prof_Ion

Post by Prof_Ion »

FaceFoiled wrote:I'm looking forward to the video prof! :) Great stuff!
Razzle wrote:Looking forward to it Prof :)
Thanks to you both! The video is up now hope you enjoy it!!
Prof_Ion

Post by Prof_Ion »

Just a heads up I will be switching back to my old youtube account jace180013 and renaming the channel. You will still have to search it as jace180013 but the new account serching sucks after misspelling professorion (my keyboard glitched and I cant fix it now) for those of you who are wondering it is minus the "r". I will just upload the video to my old account and get started again. You can expect 2-3 videos a week for the most part. Just cut me some slack I am in school and also just moved. Enjoy the videos!
Prof_Ion

Post by Prof_Ion »

-snip-
Last edited by Prof_Ion on Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Prof_Ion

Post by Prof_Ion »

Alright just got episode 2 up! :D having a great time with all this! Great job FC!
Prof_Ion

Post by Prof_Ion »

Hey everyone! I got episode three up! Sorry it has taken me so darn long! I should be getting more episodes out soon, but school makes it hard. I am pretty much recording on the weekends and uploading through out the week. Anyhow hope you all enjoy it!
Prof_Ion

Post by Prof_Ion »

Alright I gotta find out. I have just moved and between that and school and "real life" I have been busy needless to say. So I thought about maybe doing a few episodes on the weekends only. I am not 100% sure how many of you are watching this. I get a few views here and there, but if nobody really watches the series I might just drop it until life settles down or I get a better computer to record on. Currently I have not been recording because my computer can not handle a week?

If a few people want me to I will keep recording on 1.4.7 until the next btw release in which FC will be improving minecraft's play ability on lesser machines such as my own. Thank you for your time.
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

I do enjoy the videos Prof, but you should play when you have time and when you want to! =) I am a patient bugger, I can wait. :D