How Do I Use a High Res Character Skin?

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
Mud

How Do I Use a High Res Character Skin?

Post by Mud »

Google isn't helping me much. I wanted to use the Derivation texture pack, it comes with a 32x res char skin and you can't upload it to your profile on Minecraft like with other skins.
Miss_Kat

Re: How Do I Use a High Res Character Skin?

Post by Miss_Kat »

Only time I've ever been able to use high res skins that come with texture packs is when my internet isn't working and the game can't connect to the minecraft server to fetch my skin.

Try playing offline?
tom_savage

Post by tom_savage »

What Miss_Kat says is true. Most texture pack skins are setup to replace the default skin. If the player has a special skin on their account, it won't work.
The Lord of Brick

Post by The Lord of Brick »

Or you could just wait until the Minecraft Skin Server is down so no one has a skin. then you could use it.
I'm the Doctor. I'm a Time Lord. I'm from the planet Gallifrey in the constellation of Kasterborous. I'm 903 years old and I'm the man who gonna save your lives and those of six billion people on the planet below. You got a problem with that?
Zhil

Post by Zhil »

There's a mod that does it, but it was conflicting with BTW before I think and it went Forge :/

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/944657-
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Mud

Post by Mud »

I've decided to just go the ghetto route and block MC from accessing the internet.
Zhil

Post by Zhil »

I have an idea to make this work. I'll try to work it out and give you guys a solution.

Basically, what we need to do is edit Windows' host file to reroute all traffic to the skin server, to the HD skin server. At that point, it should be possible to load in HD skins from that site.

I need to find a way, so it reroutes to the vanilla skin server if the request fails though.

If anyone can help me out in figuring this out, much obliged.
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx