Looking for ways round vanilla bug..

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Simurgh

Looking for ways round vanilla bug..

Post by Simurgh »

Due to HcH being introduced and managing your fat/hunger levels being more important there is a vanilla bug thats started to get on my wick. I'm not posting this as a pester to FC to fix it as it's outside his remit so please don't take it that way :p

The bug:

You know, the one where you eat an item/drink a potion, then due to internal lag I think, you find you've eaten a second one even if you change items/interact with other objects.

I'm looking for ways around this bug (other than only equipping stacks of one) or ways people know that minimise that internal lag which should hopefully help prevent it from occurring.

Thanks
Kazuya Mishima

Re: Looking for ways round vanilla bug..

Post by Kazuya Mishima »

Glad to know i'm not the only one suffering from this one. I have been trying to sweet spot the timing of the right mouse button but it requires concerted effort and habit i haven't developed yet so I don't' always do it. Otherwise you can just wait till you're down the requisite hunger to eat so you don't' over eat and waste food while moving into plump.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

I can't make any promises, but I'm going to look into this one as it's beginning to annoy the shit out of me too :)

It has a much bigger impact now that HC Hunger is in.
DNoved1

Post by DNoved1 »

I believe if you switch the active slot after eating it prevents duplicate eating/drinking.

On a similar note, beginning to eat something when going through a nether portal will result in that item being consumed upon exiting the corresponding portal, regardless of whether you are still holding down the right mouse button.
Gunnerman21

Post by Gunnerman21 »

Yeah, this happens to me also every once in a while. One time I accidentally ate a sandwich with only half a bar missing, and the amount of fat it gave me made me slow right when I needed to get away from some spiders... I think you can figure out how that went x( ...
Spoiler
Show
I am... THE TAXI MAN.
Wibbles

Post by Wibbles »

Liked DNoved1 I quickly switch items right after having eaten. It's now become second nature so it doesn't really bother me anymore.
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

I just separate one or two items off the stack to eat. Can't overeat if there's no stack to lag into.
Better is the enemy of Good
ExpHP

Post by ExpHP »

I find that if you just hold the mouse button longer than it takes to eat one item, you'll be safe. I.e., begin eating the next item, then let go.

It's the point right after eating - when the game is showing used to show the "item changing" animation - that seems to be the most problematic to me.