Pump Towers

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
tom_savage

Pump Towers

Post by tom_savage »

I just recently caved and finally built my first pump tower instead of just building underground. It's a pretty satisfying feeling to be done...now I just have to send the water to useful places...thought I would share though. So post up your water towers!

Also, only legit made water towers, survival only, creative isn't impressive, anyone can do that crap.
Spoiler
Show
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: Pump Towers

Post by FlowerChild »

Wow man...that's gorgeous. Well done.

Up until this point, all the towers I've seen have focused almost exclusively on the practical, but that's a very aesthetically pleasing design you've created.
tom_savage

Post by tom_savage »

Thanks man. A lot of blood, sweat, and steak dinners went into this design. I can't stand having cobblestone buildings. If you ever make your way over to my base on your server, you'll see how OCD I get.
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

Wow. That is amazing. Nice job!
Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!
Shengji

Post by Shengji »

tom_savage wrote:Thanks man. A lot of blood, sweat, and steak dinners went into this design. I can't stand having cobblestone buildings. If you ever make your way over to my base on your server, you'll see how OCD I get.
Oh, hang on a minute. I've never bothered with the server in the belief that it was anarchy - this is clearly not the case! I'm actually going to join it now, just to see your other buildings, that water tower is gorgeous!
7 months, 37 different border checks and counting.
Thalarctia

Post by Thalarctia »

Another couple of screenshots from the High Stakes LP world, Traff's pumptower he had to design and build as punishment for his big booboo:
Spoiler
Show
Spoiler
Show
Don't mind the actual aquaduct leading from there, that severely needs a redesign.
Litar

Post by Litar »

The tower itself isn't very impressive, but i really like the aquaduct. it hides the mechanisms rather nicely.
Spoiler
Show
Spoiler
Show
Sorries for my english, it's not ny native language. If you are a grammar nazi and feel an imposible to suppress urge to correct me, feel free to do so in a private msg. I'll try to keep it in mind and not make the same error again:)
wirer

Post by wirer »

Very nice!

Is that sandstone? I can't tell too well with the Texturepack...
jecowa

Post by jecowa »

wirer wrote:Is that sandstone? I can't tell too well with the Texturepack...
I don't see anything that looks like sandstone. To me it looks like wood planks, jungle logs, glowstone, smooth stone, and stone bricks.
ThePuzzleMasher

Post by ThePuzzleMasher »

jecowa wrote:
wirer wrote:Is that sandstone? I can't tell too well with the Texturepack...
I don't see anything that looks like sandstone. To me it looks like wood planks, jungle logs, glowstone, smooth stone, and stone bricks.
wirer might be referring to the yellowish bricks and pillars.
Spoiler
Show
FlowerChild wrote:-Added ability for Vases to blow up if they are broken while containing Blasting Oil.
Gunnerman21 wrote:This will also make Link from the Zelda series cower in fear
Which I bet all those pottery making families will love
jecowa

Post by jecowa »

ThePuzzleMasher wrote: wirer might be referring to the yellowish bricks and pillars.
I believe the yellowish blocks in the "circles" are glowstone and the pillars are jungle logs.
Ulfengaard

Post by Ulfengaard »

jecowa wrote:
ThePuzzleMasher wrote: wirer might be referring to the yellowish bricks and pillars.
I believe the yellowish blocks in the "circles" are glowstone and the pillars are jungle logs.
You're looking at the wrong pic.
Awfulcopter wrote:...nothing says harmony with nature better than leaves that bleed. AMIRITE?
dawnraider wrote:I think we need to stop asking how stupid people can be. I think they're starting to take it as a challenge :)
jecowa

Post by jecowa »

Ulfengaard wrote: You're looking at the wrong pic.
Oh, sorry. Yeah, that looks like sandstone bricks or something.
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

Damn that is awesome!
Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!
Litar

Post by Litar »

If you guys are asking about my pics then yeah, it's built using stone bricks and sandstone (blocks, stairs, pillars and sidings).
The texture pack I'm using is Derivation. This was acually pretty time consuming to build but also very rewarding and satisfying. HC Bucket is one of my favourite vMC behaviour changes that BTW introduces.
Sorries for my english, it's not ny native language. If you are a grammar nazi and feel an imposible to suppress urge to correct me, feel free to do so in a private msg. I'll try to keep it in mind and not make the same error again:)
Foxy Boxes

Post by Foxy Boxes »

It's not beautiful, I know it's not beautiful, but it's mine - and purely survival at that.
outside
Show
inside
Show
On the internet you can be whatever you want. It's surprising so many people choose to be stupid.
PatriotBob

Post by PatriotBob »

I just restarted for HCH and not quite up to pump stacks yet, all these threads showing off builds make me wish I was in the habit of taken screenshots.
Foxy Boxes wrote:It's not beautiful, I know it's not beautiful, but it's mine - and purely survival at that.
outside
Show
inside
Show
Simple is sometimes visually appealing too. Like the touch of Lapis. (Love that Derivation pack)