Steve's just big boned. [spoilers]

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Marasambala

Steve's just big boned. [spoilers]

Post by Marasambala »

A place to post your discoveries:

So on the fat side of things...(from memory so feel free to correct me)

normal

plump
can't sprint

chubby
no more hardcore movement bonus
slows down mining speed

fat
slower movement
reduced ability to damage mobs

obese
can't jump
Steve can't catch his breath and wheezes
even slower movement speed
Last edited by Marasambala on Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sometimes I think everyone else is smarter than me, then I realize everyone else is smarter then me.
PatriotBob

Re: Steve's just big boned. [spoilers]

Post by PatriotBob »

I had just started a new world when I upgraded and had zero food stuffs.

Took me about 10 min to get shot up and too crippled to get home. Sun's going down and I'm building crafting benches and half slabs so I can crawl up levels to get home and murder the few livestock I do have. I spent probably the next hour crippled for lack of getting enough food to heal.
Amazing experience.

So yeah. Well played FlowerChild.
darahalian

Post by darahalian »

I found something that I think might be an oversight. Uncooked carrots still restore two hunger, while cooked carrots restore just one. Also, for comparison, uncooked potatoes restore half a hunger, and cooked potatoes restore one.

Otherwise, I'm quite enjoying the update so far! I'm actually making bread for the first time on the server. Previously, I saw no need. Now I can make tasty sandwhiches! (love that name, btw)

I haven't experienced anything worse than peckishness so far, but I haven't been taking any risks either. I suppose that will come about sooner or later... :P
FlowerChild wrote:Remain ever vigilant against the groth menace my friends. Early detection is crucial in avoiding a full-blown groth epidemic.
PatriotBob

Post by PatriotBob »

darahalian wrote:I found something that I think might be an oversight. Uncooked carrots still restore two hunger, while cooked carrots restore just one. Also, for comparison, uncooked potatoes restore half a hunger, and cooked potatoes restore one.

Otherwise, I'm quite enjoying the update so far! I'm actually making bread for the first time on the server. Previously, I saw no need. Now I can make tasty sandwhiches! (love that name, btw)

I haven't experienced anything worse than peckishness so far, but I haven't been taking any risks either. I suppose that will come about sooner or later... :P
I've never got a chance to use potatoes or carrots just because since their release every village I've found has either not had farms or no potatoes/carrots. Which also has the lovely side-effect or relying on kibble for pig breeding. :/

Just wait til you're sitting in a creeper hole with 2 hearts of health and hunger and marked crippled...
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

darahalian wrote:I found something that I think might be an oversight. Uncooked carrots still restore two hunger, while cooked carrots restore just one. Also, for comparison, uncooked potatoes restore half a hunger, and cooked potatoes restore one.
Woops. That doesn't sound right. Will fix that for today's release to take care of the broken stew recipes :)
Marasambala

Post by Marasambala »

Marasambala wrote:A place to post your discoveries:

So on the fat side of things...(from memory so feel free to correct me)

normal

plump
can't sprint

chubby
slows down mining speed

fat
slower movement
reduced ability to damage mobs

obese
can't jump
Steve can't catch his breath and wheezes
even slower movement speed
updated the OP to make this a more technical thread
Sometimes I think everyone else is smarter than me, then I realize everyone else is smarter then me.
maxsi

Post by maxsi »

ok looks like the kebab don't need the mushroom, you can craft it without it and you can't craft it using mushrooms(maybe a bug?)
and according to my mining charges, when you are down to one heart you cant even see what is next to you, and 3 or less hearts steve will make "hurt" noises when you walk and will walk very slow...
Blazara wrote:Better Than Wolves: So seamless, you don't know what you've got into... ;)
ion

Post by ion »

maxsi wrote:ok looks like the kebab don't need the mushroom, you can craft it without it and you can't craft it using mushrooms(maybe a bug?)
and according to my mining charges, when you are down to one heart you cant even see what is next to you, and 3 or less hearts steve will make "hurt" noises when you walk and will walk very slow...
FC said in irc that kebab doesn't need mushroom, just a bad description.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Yup, just to confirm: the kebab recipe is NOT supposed to include a mushroom. Was just an error on my part in the change log.
Azdoine

Post by Azdoine »

I can't test the new release out right now, but from what I understand there are more debilitating effects from a lack of health as well as a lack of food or excess of fat? Is that true?
Gunnerman21

Post by Gunnerman21 »

I've found the hardcore movement applies everywhere in every fatness level, it's pretty hard to notice because you move so slow, but I have tested it and hardcore movement still applies
Spoiler
Show
I am... THE TAXI MAN.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Yup, that's true. Status effect modifiers to movement are in addition to HC Move modifiers. They don't replace them.

So, being obese and moving through the desert is total hell :)
Gunnerman21

Post by Gunnerman21 »

FlowerChild wrote:So, being obese and moving through the desert is total hell :)
Thats ok, we can just roll around :) like in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory with the girl who ate the test candy
Spoiler
Show
I am... THE TAXI MAN.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Or, as is the popular running gag right now, get yourself a pig with a carrot and go to town ;)