Lock this thread

This sub-forum is dedicated to add-ons and texture packs for Better Than Wolves.
Yhetti

Lock this thread

Post by Yhetti »

This Add-On has been Discontinued, please lock/remove this thread
Last edited by Yhetti on Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:03 am, edited 22 times in total.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: [WIP] Unamed Addon: Hardcore fire and Soulforged Bronze

Post by FlowerChild »

Btw, BTW already has a mechanic for cobble to gravel conversion.
The Lord of Brick

Post by The Lord of Brick »

FlowerChild wrote:Btw, BTW *snip*
*snark*
*heads falls off and rolls under the table*
I'm the Doctor. I'm a Time Lord. I'm from the planet Gallifrey in the constellation of Kasterborous. I'm 903 years old and I'm the man who gonna save your lives and those of six billion people on the planet below. You got a problem with that?
Yhetti

Post by Yhetti »

FlowerChild wrote:Btw, BTW already has a mechanic for cobble to gravel conversion.
Yeah it was only for my own no good cheating arse, I didn't want to use the explosive method, that'n was mostly just for me.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Yhetti wrote: Yeah it was only for my own no good cheating arse, I didn't want to use the explosive method, that'n was mostly just for me.
Oh, I was referring to Silverfish, but yeah, that too :)
Yhetti

Post by Yhetti »

FlowerChild wrote:
Yhetti wrote: Yeah it was only for my own no good cheating arse, I didn't want to use the explosive method, that'n was mostly just for me.
Oh, I was referring to Silverfish, but yeah, that too :)
Oops, I must have missed that :P Now I feel like a total loser.
xou816

Post by xou816 »

I like the Hardcore Fire idea, seems really great and the related torch thingy really feels logic!
Hay Bale is nice too, it's been seen dozens of times in various mods... I wonder why it is still not Vanilla!
I'm a bit more sceptic about the cobble to gravel thing... I'm not sure a millstone could grind stone like so!
Regarding Soulforged Copper... not sure about this one. Maybe another name/recipe for it? I mean, I'd like the idea of SFS being unique in the way you make it, but that's only my point of view!
Anyway, this add-on looks rather nice. Looking forward to trying it!
Foxy Boxes

Post by Foxy Boxes »

Yhetti wrote:2) Soulforged Bronze:
For something more unique, how about an idea I had (but feel to inexperienced to do):
Soul Silver. It would be obtained through trading iron and soul urns with a priest, and would have effects that vary with the moon phases - separate from enchantment effects.
On the internet you can be whatever you want. It's surprising so many people choose to be stupid.
Yhetti

Post by Yhetti »

xou816 wrote:I like the Hardcore Fire idea, seems really great and the related torch thingy really feels logic!
Hay Bale is nice too, it's been seen dozens of times in various mods... I wonder why it is still not Vanilla!
I'm a bit more sceptic about the cobble to gravel thing... I'm not sure a millstone could grind stone like so!
Regarding Soulforged Copper... not sure about this one. Maybe another name/recipe for it? I mean, I'd like the idea of SFS being unique in the way you make it, but that's only my point of view!

The grinding cobble thing was just for me, I wouldn't add that to the mod as I said before.
I called it soulforged Bronze (not copper) because making bronze out of Copper and tin would be too easy, there needs to be some cost, there can't just be Bronze, there would be no reason to just get bronze as opposed to Iron. It has to be a new level of technology, which in this case would be alongside steel.
Last edited by Yhetti on Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yhetti

Post by Yhetti »

Foxy Boxes wrote:
Yhetti wrote:2) Soulforged Bronze:
For something more unique, how about an idea I had (but feel to inexperienced to do):
Soul Silver. It would be obtained through trading iron and soul urns with a priest, and would have effects that vary with the moon phases - separate from enchantment effects.
I like your idea, however, I am not a big fan of all the magic-ey stuff, and I don't think I would really implement that alongside soul bronze because that is just one too many minerals, Bronze is already taking a big step away from the normal balance of minecraft minerals, with both it would just be implementing features just to implement features.
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

Yhetti wrote:
xou816 wrote:I like the Hardcore Fire idea, seems really great and the related torch thingy really feels logic!

The grinding cobble thing was just for me, I wouldn't add that to the mod as I said before.
I called it soulforged Bronze (not copper) because making bronze out of Copper and tin would be too easy, there needs to be some cost, there can't just be Bronze, there would be no reason to just get bronze as opposed to Iron. It has to be a new level of technology, which in this case would be alongside steel.
There is no issue with the higher tech. I think it would be good to have another high tech material. The issue is that the process is too similar to SFS. If it still required the tech near steel, but was made entirely differently, then it would be much better.
Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!
Yhetti

Post by Yhetti »

dawnraider wrote:
There is no issue with the higher tech. I think it would be good to have another high tech material. The issue is that the process is too similar to SFS. If it still required the tech near steel, but was made entirely differently, then it would be much better.

Yeah now that I think about it, you have a valid point. I just have no idea how I would do it without making it too easy. The way it's done in those other forge mods is by having tin and copper powder, but that doesn't seem realistic, probable, interesting, or higher tech, for better than wolves.
I guess it needs to be slightly easier to get than SS too, or I dunno, maybe harder.

Is there anything that you'd like to see in it?
Whisp

Post by Whisp »

I think the properties and possible role of soulforged Bronze plays auf big role in determining where in the tech tree it should be placed and how hard it should be to acquire it.
So far I only saw the super enchantability as possible property. How do you want to go about that, considering FC plans to rip out vanilla enchants completely?
Yhetti

Post by Yhetti »

Whisp wrote:I think the properties and possible role of soulforged Bronze plays auf big role in determining where in the tech tree it should be placed and how hard it should be to acquire it.
So far I only saw the super enchantability as possible property. How do you want to go about that, considering FC plans to rip out vanilla enchants completely?
He does? Then maybe they'll just have some sort of special abilities. I dunno, I was gonna let my friends and the community decide...Also bout to post another picture for the bronze portion(That's my favorite of the two.)
xou816

Re: [WIP] Unamed Addon: Hardcore fire and (Soulforged?) Bron

Post by xou816 »

My bad. Must have been sleepy when I wrote my message... Soulforged Bronze of course!
Sorry for skipping the fact that you wouldn't implement the "cobble to gravel thing" as well...