Best way to kill endermen?

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Detritus

Best way to kill endermen?

Post by Detritus »

I'm planning for my first trip into the end (I want to advance and get explosives for my mobtrap, and all kinds of other things), but the bit I'm having trouble with is finding the endermen to kill in order to get there in the first place. So, basically, is there any easy way to find lots of endermen apart from visiting the end, or must I just search for them? Funny thing is, since I started wanting the pearls, I've really struggled to find the men, even though I had no trouble finding them before.
Anyway, any help is much appreciated!
All parts should go together without forcing. You must remember that the parts you are reassembling were disassembled by you. Therefore, if you can't get them together again, there must be a reason. By all means, do not use a hammer.
Thalarctia

Re: Best way to kill endermen?

Post by Thalarctia »

Anyone who has watched our series knows, we have had our trouble with endermen as well. My best advice is to figure out how much damage you're doing to them with your battleaxe, and then switch weapon to something enchanted with looting for the killing blow every time. Our mobtrap regularly gives out an iron sword with looting one or two, which could be used for such a purpose, and it dramatically reduces the number of enderman you actually need to hunt down if each of them drop 2 pearls.
ion

Post by ion »

for the first hunt i just make a pillar in a plains or desert biome big enough so skeletons don't shoot at me.the use is more of a watchtower. and i just aggro the enderman from there. then i just go down and make the kill
the_fodder

Post by the_fodder »

I found the nice open areas of a desert work best for me, for added bonus find a natural spring to fight around. That way if you are taking too much damage you can retreat tactically regroup.
It's FC mod, he just lets us play it.
Detritus

Post by Detritus »

Thalarctia wrote:Anyone who has watched our series knows, we have had our trouble with endermen as well. My best advice is to figure out how much damage you're doing to them with your battleaxe, and then switch weapon to something enchanted with looting for the killing blow every time. Our mobtrap regularly gives out an iron sword with looting one or two, which could be used for such a purpose, and it dramatically reduces the number of enderman you actually need to hunt down if each of them drop 2 pearls.
Thanks man, this was actually very useful. Not having my own mobtrap, however, I don't have any looting swords, so I tried for an enchantment on a diamond sword. Unfortunately, no such luck, as I ended up with Knockback II and Smite II, which are still slightly useful. Anyway, I killed one Enderman, but he only dropped the grass block he was holding...
So when endermen have blocks in their hands, do they still drop pearls?
All parts should go together without forcing. You must remember that the parts you are reassembling were disassembled by you. Therefore, if you can't get them together again, there must be a reason. By all means, do not use a hammer.
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

They do. I like to build a 2 high space so they can't hurt me and then aggro them from under there.
Six

Post by Six »

Sarudak wrote:They do. I like to build a 2 high space so they can't hurt me and then aggro them from under there.
Yeah, add this to finding and hanging out in a reasonably flat desert for the night. As you see them pop up, stare at them and let them come to you under the safety of your roof.
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

Skeletons get annoying when you do that, though. So you can't camp out there.
Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!
Detritus

Post by Detritus »

Six wrote:
Sarudak wrote:They do. I like to build a 2 high space so they can't hurt me and then aggro them from under there.
Yeah, add this to finding and hanging out in a reasonably flat desert for the night. As you see them pop up, stare at them and let them come to you under the safety of your roof.
Yeah, I had heard of that, but this sounds like pretty solid advice; Thanks everyone for your help. Hopefully I will be in the end at some time soon.
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

I like to set the ground under them on fire.... It takes a while, but they won't attack you if you are careful.
Better Than Wolves was borne of anal sex. True Story.
Detritus

Post by Detritus »

It appears endermen hate cacti as much as anyone else; if you surround one block with cacti, and put a block above it so they can't tp in, they'll kill themselves against it really well.
Warning, large image.
Spoiler
Show