Question: Nether portal workings...

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Vankras

Question: Nether portal workings...

Post by Vankras »

Im unsure if this is the correct place for this, feel free to move it if its in the wrong place.

Question: is there a way of auto reigniting a dormant portal?

i want a hidden portal that's is turned off via an array of BD's, thats works like a charm, but i really wish i could reignite it somehow automatically.

is there a way or am i just going to have to go back to rubbing sticks together?
Holy Screaming Cakes Batman!!!
screally

Re: Question: Nether portal workings...

Post by screally »

Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

We played around with it for hours and unfortunately it's not possible. We tried all sorts of hibachi arrangements, burning netherrack, etc. There's one way, as linked in the thread above, but the problem is that's it's very slow at best times. Sometimes you need to wait up to a minute for it to ignite and there's an issue with the logs burning down from time to time.

There is one slight cheat you can use though, we made an ultra compact working nether portal, using a BD filled with fire blocks. It's not legit, but it works at least.

I've got some screenshots of the redstone if you're interested.
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Vankras

Post by Vankras »

hmm, Ok looks like it will ignite as long as the portal dimensions are true and then fire is added to the hole (wont work if fire is there before the portal is true), i tried using stoked flames, but since it is a different block id im guessing it doesn't register as a required flame. i wonder if FC would be able to make stoked flame count also... hmm... i just had an idea... off to try it out
Holy Screaming Cakes Batman!!!
Rasuth

Post by Rasuth »

Actually stoked flames work, (kinda confirmed using inv editors, placing the stoked flame into the portal).

As you said, the problem is, that the portal frame has to be completed before the flame is applied.
TaterBoy wrote:Well, now I know. And as GI-Joe says, knowing is half the battle. :)
The other half is violence.
Unless you're GI Socrates. Then the other half is "You don't know anything
- TheAnarchitect