possible issue with wolves sit/unsit again? (possible bug?)

If you're having problems with your installation of Better Than Wolves, or if you've woken up in the future and are beginning to doubt the nature of reality, here's the place to post about it.
odranoel

possible issue with wolves sit/unsit again? (possible bug?)

Post by odranoel »

so i post this in tech support as it kind of caught me off guard and not really sure as to what could have caused it. and iv not seen it happen to other players recently.

i loaded up an old world as i was going to take some pics of my old cow farm to post in a thread someone made about animal farm automation. so i load up my old world and start heading toward my cow farm, as soon as i get near, to my horror i see alll the wolves i have in a near by dung facility come rushing towards me D:

as far as i know this was an old issue FC fixed long ago. so i was a lil surprized to this happen again. and just a bit curious as to what could have caused it? theres no way they could have taken damage as they are entirly protected in their dung factory. and previously apoun entering and exiting a world all wolves were forced automatically to sit. (to prevent this from happening) however they do not seem to be doing this anymore. i can sit/unsit them manually so its not an issue with my user name. however when i exit and reload the world all the wolves are still running around and are not automatically made to sit as before.

i tried with my current world jsut in case and the same thing happens. any wolf i unsit will not be force to sit apoun exiting and reloading the world. is there something i am doing wrong? or has this old bug reintroduced it self? can someone test this real quick too see if its just me or not? (unsit a wolf, save & exit, reaload world, and see if they are sitting or unsitting when you reload)

thanks!
RalphKastro

Re: possible issue with wolves sit/unsit again? (possible bu

Post by RalphKastro »

tested it in my world with 3 wolves and it's not working too. I think the bug has returned.
(sorry if there's any wrong spelling)
odranoel

Post by odranoel »

ok, thanks for confirming, ill go ahead and report it then.
destineternel

Post by destineternel »

did you happen to test this in vanilla? I suspect it is a ongoing vanilla bug.
<DaveYanakov> I know I overuse them and put them in inappropriate places but they just feel so good.
<icynewyear> shit is delicious
<MagikEh> Don't try to give me da D
odranoel

Post by odranoel »

well as i understand it, the way its functioning right now IS vanilla functionality. its BTW that made the change of have wolves sit apoun exiting and reentering a world to prevent wolves from suddenly teleport spamming you. this appears to not be happening anymore.