Very important change of rules in modding forum from MCF.

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Lighthouse

Very important change of rules in modding forum from MCF.

Post by Lighthouse »

This may be posted on off-topic section, but I figured here is more appropriate since this affects BTW greatly.

First, read the new rule.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum-51/ ... gust-2011/

Summary :

1) ALL modification work posted on MCF must use some sort of license (not following will be deleted and warned/banned from forum.)

2) It is completely up to original authors of the work to prove the violations of the license they imposed. Not others.

As for my opinion, this new rule is rather mess (can't imagine how this will work for Texture forum) and I am not sure if this new rule is favorable toward Minecraft Forge, as well.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: Very important change of rules in modding forum from MCF

Post by FlowerChild »

Yeah, I don't think it's too much of a problem. I'll just rig up a suitable license and off I go. I actually think the copyright notice I already have up is sufficient.

As for the Forge, I don't see this being a problem either. We just have a very broad and open license for it. I think all they really want is for mod author's to clearly state what they permit with regards to their mods so that there is less confusion involved in enforcing copyright violation.