New Release! (BTW V4.40)

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Husbag3

Re: New Release! (BTW V4.40)

Post by Husbag3 »

Gotta get those aesthetic blocks out your system every once in a while ;)
If the minecraft world is infinite, why does the sun still rotate around it?
mattizcool

Post by mattizcool »

These updates make me even happier. Thank you for bringing us these delicious updates.
FlowerChild wrote:Hookers and blow! WOOT!!!!
TSA

Post by TSA »

Oh My God

thats a ton of stuff there.

thank you SIR!
LunaticToad
The Lord of Brick

Post by The Lord of Brick »

HOLY SH*T this is huge!
To the appdata folder!

All i can really say is: danke!
I'm the Doctor. I'm a Time Lord. I'm from the planet Gallifrey in the constellation of Kasterborous. I'm 903 years old and I'm the man who gonna save your lives and those of six billion people on the planet below. You got a problem with that?
Shengji

Post by Shengji »

Amazing, thankyou - this is awesome!
I've added "old" to the name of each of the blocks that may be problematic (e.g. "Old Corner"), so that they can be easily identified, and I've included conversion recipes for all these old blocks, so you can just drop them into the crafting grid and they will be converted into the new
You sir are a saint!
7 months, 37 different border checks and counting.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Shengji wrote:
I've added "old" to the name of each of the blocks that may be problematic (e.g. "Old Corner"), so that they can be easily identified, and I've included conversion recipes for all these old blocks, so you can just drop them into the crafting grid and they will be converted into the new
You sir are a saint!
Hehe...thanks. I scratched my head for awhile on how to best handle the conversion process before "Oh! just drop'em in the crafting grid!" came to mind :)
Toastman500

Post by Toastman500 »

Any particular reason why the wood column recipe grants four columns while all other column recipes only give you one?
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Toastman500 wrote:Any particular reason why the wood column recipe grants four columns while all other column recipes only give you one?
This isn't the place to report stuff like that, but it was just a typo on my part and it's been fixed for the next release.
Toastman500

Post by Toastman500 »

Cool, sorry about that.
Ribky

Post by Ribky »

Very cool, thank you
The spice must flow...

[03:28] <Detritus_> Weird, I'm still logged in her
Donzaffi

Post by Donzaffi »

Wow, I lost so many Updates damned, you are freaking fast. A pitty that I can't try it at the moment
Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative

HIgh Res Texturepack ............43% done
Nerdasaurus_Rex

Post by Nerdasaurus_Rex »

Oh sweet baby jesus...
Wood columns...
Thank you so freaking much.
At one point I thought that the world was perfect.
Then I found BTW.
Now I'm in therapy.
tedium

Post by tedium »

FC, your continued hardwork has just made me realise that one of the (many) things that sucks about this world is that there is no platform out there to acknowledge a person such as yourself. I wish I could nominate you for like a Noble Codeur Prize or something. Maybe just a "Knows how to organise a community" award. I think I've said it before but if I haven't, I hope one day our paths cross in a professional setting. I was fortunate enough to interact with a pretty decent IT guy today who was trying to sell the business I work for a new solution in the form of a program, and half way through I realised that what he really needed to do was temp-ban my boss for asking irrelevant questions, and also do a better job of promoting his ability to further develop the program as required, should the benefit prove worth the effort. I would have been much more impressed with him and his program if he just once mentioned that he built the thing and could make it do almost whatever he damn well wanted. I know it seems obvious, but when you're sitting in a room of 'near-retirement' bosses and 'never-been-a-geek' work colleagues, there's great benefit to pointing these things out.
FlowerChild makes heroes of us all, and gives us battle axes where we had swords weak as zombie paws.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Thanks man, the kind words are much appreciated :)
Ceunon

Post by Ceunon »

Edited because I'm stupid. (The rest of the post is still valid, I guess)

Also, there are no high-efficiency recipes for stairs made out of any of the new materials, including nether bricks from the last update (and smooth stone stairs weren't added, but I suppose this was intended). I didn't want to submit a bug report because this looks really trivial and doesn't exactly classify as a bug.

Thanks for the updade. Been having a blast with some friends playing the mod.
Last edited by Ceunon on Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

The first one is stone brick.
Ceunon

Post by Ceunon »

Sarudak wrote:The first one is stone brick.
Gods, I derped pretty hard right there. Editing the post.

Sorry about that.
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

It's good you didn't post a bug about the lack of high efficiency stair recipes as it would have earned you a temp ban since it's a feature request. Also don't post feature requests in the release thread in the future. Suggestions should go in the suggestion sub-forum so as to make it easier for Flowerchild to ignore/lock/ban. :)
Ceunon

Post by Ceunon »

My bad. Last time similar stuff was added (stone brick sub blocks), I briefly mentioned the same thing (asking if there should be another recipe for stairs) on the release thread and he stated it was an oversight. I thought the same had happened this time.
I was in no way asking for stuff to be added. If it should be the way it is, I'm ok with that. Sorry for all the trouble.

I guess I should stop with the off-topic, btw.
JakeZKAM

Post by JakeZKAM »

First of I'd like to thank you for all the hard work you put into this mod, I joined today after a month or two of lurking and I've been playing BTW for awhile but a couple weeks ago I took a break from it. I don't get a lot of free time as it is and I was thinking of trying out a different mod so I saved my BTW worlds and started up the new world and after a half hour of trying to play, removed it from my game and went back to BTW. I can't stand playing without it and while this other mod had some flavor stuff I liked from an aesthetics/RPing point of view, I missed all the stuff I had accomplished and the huge amount of unfinished projects I still had. Point is your mod rocks, this new update simply makes it rock more, and it's the reason I even bother using my small amount of spare time playing minecraft anymore. :)
NotEvenOdd

Post by NotEvenOdd »

Your mod gives me the satisfaction from Minecraft that Jeb and his associates cannot seem to provide. Prior to watching your interview with Battosay and researching the mod's history, I realise how grievous you must feel about the game's wasted potential and its current development ethos. I highly respect your commitment to the mod and hope that the lesser, inconsiderate proportion of the Minecraft community does not hinder your future development.

Many thanks for all your hard work, persistence and another exceptional update. Bring on RTH!
OpTicTide97

Post by OpTicTide97 »

FlowerChild, continue on the path you're heading continue to make and produce BTW no matter what anyone else says or thinks! It comes down to this; you are the mod maker you have control you do whatever you want with it! If people don't like it or disagree that's their problem and they don't have to download the mod let alone follow your activity! As long as the mod is being downloaded and you have ideas for it continu on!

P.S. Can't wait to see what you're planing on doing with the mod! and the "Return To Home" :)
Pucc

Post by Pucc »

Just got back home to this update. This is awesomeness, thanks for the early Christmas presents FC.