New Release! (BTW V4.31)

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Minecraftgeek70

Re: New Release! (BTW V4.31)

Post by Minecraftgeek70 »

I really don't know why I bother donating I really don't

if Flowerchild doesn't have the common decency to do his releases when I'm home from work and not cruelly force me to WORK ALL DAY and not experience the exquisite joy of playing a new release until I get home..

I mean.. it's almost as if I'm a normal person! where's my preferential treatment? XD :D hehehe ;)

But seriously FC, good work. The wondrous things a beer fuelled mind will create eh?.. even if I do have to wait until I get home to sample your code changes.

top notch stuff that man!
CycloneSP

Post by CycloneSP »

With all this talk about donations, beer, and exceptional programming going on, I felt this to be appropriate:
Spoiler
Show
EDIT: also what is up with all you ppl demanding FC to sleep? I say 'no' to sleep! If a lack of sleep for FC is what is producing such awesomeness, then I say FC should find a way to never sleep again! That way the epicness will never cease to flow! :P
"So tell me, what's it like living in a constant haze of stupidity?" - Hiei

"Snow is not fire, so it can still rain." -Kaitocain
muggsbud

Post by muggsbud »

Thanks and great work FC. I've already got mob head on all my machines.

One question though. does the millstone sound feel loud compared to everything else to anyone? Don't get me wrong, i love it, but it's sorta like rain in that it feels louder than all the other sound effects.
Splee999

Post by Splee999 »

Flowerchild wrote:-Added *significant* bonus for collecting heads from mobs if they are killed with a Battle Axe.
YES. I think I might just have to pop off a few mob heads just to find out how *significant* this bonus is. Thanks for such a hilarious feature.
Blazara

Post by Blazara »

Oh Jesus, in my excitement at the release I tried to play without having the latest update installed... or even downloaded. Flower, what do you do when you... love a man, with a spiny exoskeleton; but who deep inside is a soft little bundle of fur?
Blazara wrote: I, am a BETTERTHANwolfaboo.
muggsbud

Post by muggsbud »

Blazara wrote:Flower, what do you do when you... love a man...
I think FC is only into women.
Eriottosan

Post by Eriottosan »

Played 4.31 for all of about 3 seconds ... Then I noticed this ...

The new Millstone sounds. So good! Can't wait to see what other sounds are being used (:

Great job, as usual, FC (:
私は日本語が大好きだ。だから、私と話すとき、日本語で書けば、日本語で書いてください。
I like Japanese, can you tell?
Blazara

Post by Blazara »

muggsbud wrote:
Blazara wrote:Flower, what do you do when you... love a man...
I think FC is only into women.
Alas, so am I... :'( :P
Blazara wrote: I, am a BETTERTHANwolfaboo.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Thanks for all the positive vibes guys! :)

Now I need to get back to fixing bugs it appears. Another crash showed up in the Bug Report forum last night. Will try to get that quickly resolved and get a few other small issues handled for a release later today.

My apologies once again for the initial instability of the release. I'm still scratching my head as to what went wrong in my QA process this time around, as it's rather out of character for me to release anything with these kinds of issues.
Eriottosan

Post by Eriottosan »

FlowerChild wrote:My apologies once again for the initial instability of the release. I'm still scratching my head as to what went wrong in my QA process this time around, as it's rather out of character for me to release anything with these kinds of issues.
Dude, don't sweat it! Everyone has oversights now and then. Everyone here knows that it's once in a blue moon with you (once in 10 blue moons ...). You are an inspiration, my man, and the fact that releasing something with these kinds of issues is out of character (which is something we all know!) is a testament to your constant high level of work (:. Thanks as usual, FC (:
私は日本語が大好きだ。だから、私と話すとき、日本語で書けば、日本語で書いてください。
I like Japanese, can you tell?
Jeet

Post by Jeet »

FlowerChild wrote:My apologies once again for the initial instability of the release. I'm still scratching my head as to what went wrong in my QA process this time around, as it's rather out of character for me to release anything with these kinds of issues.
*GASP* Could it be that he's actually human? :)

Good work so far man. I am enjoying my play through quite a bit, and can't wait to upgrade when I get home tonight.
xchampx13

Post by xchampx13 »

Great job with this release, this is actually my first time playing BTW as I was waiting for the 1.4 release to get started. It's great! thanks for all the work you put into the mod.
Graphite

Post by Graphite »

muggsbud wrote:One question though. does the millstone sound feel loud compared to everything else to anyone? Don't get me wrong, i love it, but it's sorta like rain in that it feels louder than all the other sound effects.
Well, let's just say that I'm motivated to put an on/off switch on my millstones for the very first time. Heck, they're even drowning out the screeching of the netherrack :P
devak

Post by devak »

FlowerChild wrote:Thanks for all the positive vibes guys! :)

My apologies once again for the initial instability of the release. I'm still scratching my head as to what went wrong in my QA process this time around, as it's rather out of character for me to release anything with these kinds of issues.
Your anger to the poorly implemented Mojang crap caused a temporary "service unavailable" error in your main server located in the fluffy-bunny endoskeleton. Your spiky exoskeleton super-bug-crashing eyesight therefore was disabled.

Or in short; mojang did it.

Mojang always did it.

(or mojang's butler ;) )
sky_demon

Post by sky_demon »

-Removed a bunch of stuff that villagers used to sell, including anything made out of diamond. I'll be tweaking villagers further in the future, but for now, this was too unbalanced to leave as is.
No more cheap stuff ;_; Awesome update, a lot of content, and only 0.01 kinda small change in your opinion? O.o
Locke

Post by Locke »

CycloneSP wrote:With all this talk about donations, beer, and exceptional programming going on, I felt this to be appropriate:
Spoiler
Show
EDIT: also what is up with all you ppl demanding FC to sleep? I say 'no' to sleep! If a lack of sleep for FC is what is producing such awesomeness, then I say FC should find a way to never sleep again! That way the epicness will never cease to flow! :P

He speaks the truth!!! It was already hinted at with Hardcore Beds!!! *gets off desk*
FlowerChild wrote: Hehehe...BTW: Making Minecraft a little more vile with each release :)
Spoilered for convenience :)
Spoiler
Show