Battleaxe & white cobble

If you're having problems with your installation of Better Than Wolves, or if you've woken up in the future and are beginning to doubt the nature of reality, here's the place to post about it.
Mikko_blu

Battleaxe & white cobble

Post by Mikko_blu »

I just wanted to know if it was intended that the battleaxe mines White cobble and White stone, or if it's a problem on my side. Thanks.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: Battleaxe & white cobble

Post by FlowerChild »

It's intended for now. Vanilla doesn't allow for differentiating between block types that share the same blockID with tools, and White Cobble shares its blockID with several other mod blocks, some of which are made out of wood, so both picks and axes work on all of them.

I'll be writing code in the near future to differentiate between the two (I've started modifying a relevant base-class recently), but for now that behavior is perfectly normal.
EdzyWhat

Post by EdzyWhat »

I didn't want to start a new thread and this seems modestly relevant. I'm creating a texture pack am attempting to use CTM for white cobble (just to give it some random options). It looks like White Cobble is just white stone with different metadata, but I'm not sure, and I'd love to know so I can get my texture in there properly. Can you fill me in on the Block ID or metadata information for White Cobble, White Cobble Stairs, and White Cobble Slabs? I'd really appreciate it.
I had an image here once. Then I took an arrow... somewhere...
Ferrus.Manus

Post by Ferrus.Manus »

EdzyWhat wrote:I didn't want to start a new thread and this seems modestly relevant. I'm creating a texture pack am attempting to use CTM for white cobble (just to give it some random options). It looks like White Cobble is just white stone with different metadata, but I'm not sure, and I'd love to know so I can get my texture in there properly. Can you fill me in on the Block ID or metadata information for White Cobble, White Cobble Stairs, and White Cobble Slabs? I'd really appreciate it.
F3+H shows item IDs and metadata.
EdzyWhat

Post by EdzyWhat »

Ferrus.Manus wrote:F3+H shows item IDs and metadata.
EDIT: I was completely wrong. I didn't know that the ID showed when you looked at the items in inventory. Thanks for the help Ferrus! Unless someone else needs help, my question here is resolved and the thread can be closed.
I had an image here once. Then I took an arrow... somewhere...