The reason why BTW is amazing (My World + Systems)

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Mason11987

The reason why BTW is amazing (My World + Systems)

Post by Mason11987 »

So a few weeks back I posted a thread about my flowchart of BTW systems. It came from planning out what would be my massive base. I've been working on it on and off since then and after finishing my most recent build (Cow Farm) it struck me how incredible this mod is and how I'm so happy with how everything I've built has turned out. Anyway, here is an imgur album of my 5 (HCB!*) mega-builds that I've completed so far (Mob Trap, Hemp/Chicken Farm, Sugar Can Farm, Pump Stack, Cow Farm). There are only a few quick pictures of each, if you want more detail let me know, these are largely all my own designs so let me know if you have any questions.

Album

For those who remember, back in the day when BTW was a forge mod I was designing a means to get every mod to be playable together in a decent way. It's clear especially since that point that BTW has stepped away into a completely different world. Basically nothing of this sort of scale and planning is encouraged in any other mod and that's what makes BTW so awesome.

Edit - And World Download

* A couple things (cobble gen, first millstone) were from before pumps and before I enabled HCB, so that's why they aren't using the pump system, they'll be broken down soon though :)
justcallmecloud

Re: The reason why BTW is amazing (My World + Systems)

Post by justcallmecloud »

Do you mind posting more pictures or clarifying the piece of your cow farm where you separate baby calves from the cows? I was planning to simply have a water channel and a block one high next to the slaughter portion.
Ozziie

Post by Ozziie »

I'm glad you've updated us Mason. I saved a copy of your flowchart and have been using it as the basis of my automated systems. It's brilliant.

Your builds seem to be coming along nicely. I did presume the octagon would be a little more aesthetic but maybe those will be additions you make at a later date?

Keep it up man and please keep us updated.

How many hours work would you say you have done at the moment?
ElectronicRU

Post by ElectronicRU »

Mason11987 wrote:So a few weeks back I posted a thread about my flowchart of BTW systems. It came from planning out what would be my massive base. I've been working on it on and off since then and after finishing my most recent build (Cow Farm) it struck me how incredible this mod is and how I'm so happy with how everything I've built has turned out. Anyway, here is an imgur album of my 5 (HCB!*) mega-builds that I've completed so far (Mob Trap, Hemp/Chicken Farm, Sugar Can Farm, Pump Stack, Cow Farm). There are only a few quick pictures of each, if you want more detail let me know, these are largely all my own designs so let me know if you have any questions.

Album

For those who remember, back in the day when BTW was a forge mod I was designing a means to get every mod to be playable together in a decent way. It's clear especially since that point that BTW has stepped away into a completely different world. Basically nothing of this sort of scale and planning is encouraged in any other mod and that's what makes BTW so awesome.

Edit - And World Download

* A couple things (cobble gen, first millstone) were from before pumps and before I enabled HCB, so that's why they aren't using the pump system, they'll be broken down soon though :)
How you got to split leather in half?
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.
Mason11987

Post by Mason11987 »

justcallmecloud wrote:Do you mind posting more pictures or clarifying the piece of your cow farm where you separate baby calves from the cows? I was planning to simply have a water channel and a block one high next to the slaughter portion.
Sure, it's just a 3x3 pit. Cows fall in and drop 2 blocks, there is a one block high exit on one side leading to a set of vine traps they think they can walk on. But then they fall into water and saws :). I'll post a picture when I get back from work tonight.
Ozziie wrote:I'm glad you've updated us Mason. I saved a copy of your flowchart and have been using it as the basis of my automated systems. It's brilliant.

Your builds seem to be coming along nicely. I did presume the octagon would be a little more aesthetic but maybe those will be additions you make at a later date?

Keep it up man and please keep us updated.

How many hours work would you say you have done at the moment?
Thanks! The octagon is really simple now mostly because I haven't figured out how I want to actually design the wall, and I'm still unsure of the height. I'm not particularly good at aesthetic builds, as you can see from my pictures. I'm definitely open to some wall design ideas though for that.

Hard to say how many hours, it's been a lot by now though (even ignoring some AFK), probably my most worked on world ever. I've generally just built though, pretty light on the mining.
xou816

Post by xou816 »

I never achieved making an auto wheat farm... how does yours work?
Anyway... nice job with your world!

EDIT: Nvm :) I tested your setup with DBs and I understood. I didn't know you could detect when wheat is fully grown! I thought auto wheat farming required the use of a clock or something. Nice to know!
Ozziie

Post by Ozziie »

Mason11987 wrote: I'm not particularly good at aesthetic builds, as you can see from my pictures. I'm definitely open to some wall design ideas though for that.

Hard to say how many hours, it's been a lot by now though (even ignoring some AFK), probably my most worked on world ever. I've generally just built though, pretty light on the mining.
I'm actually looking for a wall design myself. I'm going to be surrounding the area I have designated with a wall but I'm worried that the buildings inside will dwarf the wall or vice versa. It's a difficult decision.

Are you going for a medieval look? I find the most difficult thing to do is use materials that complement each other while being varied enough not to look boring. I'll post back here if I find anything you might be interested in.
Mason11987

Post by Mason11987 »

Ozziie wrote:
Mason11987 wrote: I'm not particularly good at aesthetic builds, as you can see from my pictures. I'm definitely open to some wall design ideas though for that.

I'm actually looking for a wall design myself. I'm going to be surrounding the area I have designated with a wall but I'm worried that the buildings inside will dwarf the wall or vice versa. It's a difficult decision.

Are you going for a medieval look? I find the most difficult thing to do is use materials that complement each other while being varied enough not to look boring. I'll post back here if I find anything you might be interested in.
I don't know, I'm sort of testing out different components. I tested my mob farm with a glass wall design that I kind of like, but I always figured the wall would be medieval, possibly using wood as well.
ElectronicRU

Post by ElectronicRU »

So, can you please tell me what's your technique of even-splitting items with waterflow? I don't know one, unfortunately.
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

Well there's no way to ensure an absolute even distibution but you could do something like put the items in a dispenser that dispenses at a measured rate into a water flow that branches and the branches are opened and closed in an alternating fashion with pistons based on a clock...
Last_Jedi_Standing

Post by Last_Jedi_Standing »

Sarudak wrote:Well there's no way to ensure an absolute even distibution but you could do something like put the items in a dispenser that dispenses at a measured rate into a water flow that branches and the branches are opened and closed in an alternating fashion with pistons based on a clock...
I think a vanilla dispenser on a turntable is the easiest way to send items into multiple water flows. It's pretty much the same thing as the above solution, but a little simpler.
DO-RO'IK VONG PRATTE!
KittenToaster

Post by KittenToaster »

So is this a wall or a mob spawner? I can't quite work that one out? ;)

Jesting aside, it's fun to run around other peoples maps and learn how, or how not to build things. So, thank you for the world post Mason. ;)
Mason11987

Post by Mason11987 »

ElectronicRU wrote:So, can you please tell me what's your technique of even-splitting items with waterflow? I don't know one, unfortunately.
Sure, it's not a general splitting method, just a leather splitting one. I just put hoppers behind my saws, since cows will distribute evenly the leather will distribute about evenly (seems good now, I have about 4 stacks of glue, 4 stacks of tanned leather.
Spoiler
Show
KittenToaster wrote:So is this a wall or a mob spawner? I can't quite work that one out? ;)

<snip>

Jesting aside, it's fun to run around other peoples maps and learn how, or how not to build things. So, thank you for the world post Mason. ;)
Ha, yeah mobs spawn out there, but it's too far to effect any of my operations at my base so it isn't worth fixing, at least until I get a solid wall design.
milkmandan

Post by milkmandan »

Sarudak wrote:Well there's no way to ensure an absolute even distibution but you could do something like put the items in a dispenser that dispenses at a measured rate into a water flow that branches and the branches are opened and closed in an alternating fashion with pistons based on a clock...
Actually, I worked out a way. At least it was completely even for a single stack.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4689&start=125#p91402

Also has a first design which ended up giving a 3:1 split. Again, exact at least for a full stack.
FlowerChild wrote:
Ribky wrote:What did you do with bonemeal? And can I mix it with clay and smear it on myself for instant growth?
You'll be receiving an email soon with instructions on how to order my patented instant growth formula.
BigShinyToys

Post by BigShinyToys »

greezoo117

Post by greezoo117 »

Sorry for posting so late but I have a question. Do you plan on updating your world? If yes, could you put a newer world download please? Your world has 15-20 tutorials in one save! It's really helpful, thanks.
"Minecraft, where the only limit is your imagination". Well, f**k you Time !