Modloader ( is it going to be phased out of this mod )

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
BigShinyToys

Modloader ( is it going to be phased out of this mod )

Post by BigShinyToys »

I am downloading the new 2.91 ver of BTW . and after reading about the forge project i was wondering why i needed to download Modloader if the forge was meant to replace it as a universal standard for moding. It left me only one question is Modloader going to be phased out and no longer required for BTW to work . and is this a long term objective of the mod . the forge seamed fully capable of replacing the function of modloader in its entirety .
Rasuth

Re: Modloader ( is it going to be phased out of this mod )

Post by Rasuth »

Uhm, no. The forge itself is heavily reliant on ModLoader. I don't see them doing the work again if they have a functional tool at their disposal.
TaterBoy wrote:Well, now I know. And as GI-Joe says, knowing is half the battle. :)
The other half is violence.
Unless you're GI Socrates. Then the other half is "You don't know anything
- TheAnarchitect
darahalian

Post by darahalian »

If anything, Modloader would just be absorbed into the Forge, not replaced. But I'm not sure that even this would happen.
FlowerChild wrote:Remain ever vigilant against the groth menace my friends. Early detection is crucial in avoiding a full-blown groth epidemic.
hordekips

Post by hordekips »

I think the forge is giving time to the people who move to it to do it because forge is relatively new and most people still use modloader and they need to move onto the forge system once forge is more known and established it *might* replace modloader since it's mission is to do all what the modloader does and even more.