New Release! (BTW V4.20)

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
jadedcat

Re: New Release! (BTW V4.20)

Post by jadedcat »

After playing a bit, the new pedestal placement is much easier I was so excited for the implications of F3 and bed changes that I totally missed the tweak to pedastals. Thank you so much. This makes things much nicer for aesthetics purposes.

Off topic but in reference to rafters:
Spoiler
Show
Rafters go across the structure much like support beams. "Rafter" just usually refers to "beams" that support a roof. A "beam" can be decorative or used for support or both. The parts on old western architecture were usually called butt joints or end joints or just log ends. They were generally the ends of ceiling beams that had not been trimmed and were used to hang tools and other items.

As the stakes do not support a roof, or go all the way across my guess would be they fit under "cornice" which is a decoration near the roof or ceiling line running horizontally across the wall. They serve no structural purpose at all. They remind me most of dentil moldings. But thats just me and doesn't change the fact that the stakes are awesome even without a decorative purpose.
FlowerChild wrote:
-Fixed fucking annoying door-banging ...... BANG! BANG! BANG!!!!! AHHHHHH!!!! GET OUT OF FUCKING MY HEAD! HIRE A FUCKING GAME DESIGNER! Fuck.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

jadedcat wrote: Off topic but in reference to rafters:
Thanks Jade! That's exactly what I was talking about.

For visual reference for people that have no clue what we're discussing. It's this kind of thing:
Spoiler
Show
I personally like this kind of building style a lot, so I tried to make the stakes in such a way that they would work well for it ;)
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

Hrm... Release 4.20, and no changes to hemp? ;)
kazerima

Post by kazerima »

BinoAl wrote:Hrm... Release 4.20, and no changes to hemp? ;)
However, he did prevent F3 from providing the answers to Life, the Universe, and Everything. To my old world: so long and thanks for all the fish.
FlowerChild wrote:BANG! BANG! BANG!!!!! AHHHHHH!!!! GET OUT OF FUCKING MY HEAD! HIRE A FUCKING GAME DESIGNER! Fuck.
kjbrona

Post by kjbrona »

Actually, those things sticking out of the walls are called "putlogs".
They were used to allow house and castle builders a sturdy foundation for building scaffolding.
Sometimes they were removable, sometimes they were just cut short.

These are definitely going in my castle walls as soon as I get home!
Thanks FC!!
Ribky

Post by Ribky »

So, I got back from a fun filled weekend with a fever of 102 and just woke up from 28 hours of being bed ridden to find this wonderful update. The changes to hardcore chickens will haunt me forever. I have to say, I can't think of a more creative way to deal with that. Mojang's Halloween updates got nothing on that man... friggin' brilliant. And now to make some old timey jailhouses with stakes :)
The spice must flow...

[03:28] <Detritus_> Weird, I'm still logged in her
The Phoenixian

Post by The Phoenixian »

Have to say, I really like the hardcore bedding message. I know it's a little thing but it adds a lot of flavor to the narrative that wouldn't be there with something more plain.
♪ The screams of the souls of the damned and dying,
Fuels for me, the Industry. ♪
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

The Phoenixian wrote:Have to say, I really like the hardcore bedding message. I know it's a little thing but it adds a lot of flavor to the narrative that wouldn't be there with something more plain.
Thanks! I'm quite fond of that one too, and actually spent a long time thinking about different variations on it to get the one I was fully satisfied with. Glad you took note of it :)

For some reason, it reminds me of the original Zork, but I have no idea why.
Tropa

Post by Tropa »

I like this update, very interesting. besides the bed part, Its not night/monsters that bothers me, its the rain and how it lags me.
A Drop Of Water Can Cause A Tidalwave.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Tropa wrote:I like this update, very interesting. besides the bed part, Its not night/monsters that bothers me, its the rain and how it lags me.
Doesn't turning off particles resolve that?

And it's not lag btw. It's a drop in frame-rate :)
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

After a few hours of experimentation, I now know what it is. That was a hell of an experience, FC.
Better is the enemy of Good
Tropa

Post by Tropa »

FlowerChild wrote:
Tropa wrote:I like this update, very interesting. besides the bed part, Its not night/monsters that bothers me, its the rain and how it lags me.
Doesn't turning off particles resolve that?

And it's not lag btw. It's a drop in frame-rate :)
Heh, I always keep particles on low.

Can't wait for the day when I get a better computer, so I can play with Far render distance and Water shader and not a lag a bit.

I hate playing in the mist. :<
A Drop Of Water Can Cause A Tidalwave.
finite8

Post by finite8 »

FlowerChild wrote:
Sarudak wrote: Funny I thought the bouncing arrows was a vanilla 'feature' so you could recover your arrows... :P
I actually thought it was a vanilla bug for the longest time, finally decided to fix it, and pulled a face-palm when I realized it was due to an if statement I had accidentally copy-pasted twice :\
You copy pasted code???!!!!!?!?!?

Shame FC. Shame!
Flowerchild (IRC) wrote:I'm not trying to stop you BTW ..., I'm saying that I think you're a piece of shit...not the same thing
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

finite8 wrote: You copy pasted code???!!!!!?!?!?

Shame FC. Shame!
When porting from 1.2.5 to 1.3 smart ass ;)
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

I know I posted already, but I've had a chance to play around with stakes now. They are absolutely amazing! I love them! They're literally going on pretty much everything now for aesthetics. As far as functionality, its quite useful for measuring stuff out and lining things up. I'm using it to create building boundaries just to get a visual 'feel' for the size of something before I place a hundred blocks and hate it and have to change the size/shape.
Vellt480

Post by Vellt480 »

Well now i know why i got smoked by the Ender dragon. I wish i had time to check yesterday for this. Well the stakes seem awesome. Keep it up FC
Batman: Wanna know why i make amazing movies?
Superman:...Cause your Bat-
Batman: CAUSE IM BATMAN!
emtffkev

Post by emtffkev »

FC, while I'm enjoying the new gameplay changes that your Hardcore modes are bringing to the game, I have to put this out there.

Your most recent change to Hardcore Chickens is freaking brilliant. Absolutely love it! I keep doing it over and over just to watch it happen again.
morvelaira

Post by morvelaira »

For the love of Cthulu, someone PM me and tell me what the new chicken feature is. I am far away from home, and so cannot discover it for myself. Come on guys - ruin me. :D
She-who-bears the right of Prima Squee-ti
I make BTW videos! http://www.youtube.com/user/morvelaira
The kitten is traumatized by stupid. Please stop abusing the kitten.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

emtffkev wrote: Your most recent change to Hardcore Chickens is freaking brilliant. Absolutely love it! I keep doing it over and over just to watch it happen again.
I had a fun bug while developing this one where the state wasn't properly saved and loaded. So, after running some tests, quitting the game, then coming back in, suddenly, it happened to about 30 all at once right in front of my face.

I don't think I'll ever forget that one :)
rockninja

Post by rockninja »

i died laughing at the chicken thing.

seriously, creeper came and blew me up while i was laughing :c

sweet update, thanks for the hard work, FC.
redrew89

Post by redrew89 »

Just saying, a configuration file option for Harcore Bedding would have been nice. Now, instead of giving players the option of using a new mechanic, it just feels like your jamming it down our throats. This was part of my initial issue with the "hardcore everything" idea, from the beginning. Some may like that sort of thing, but who am I to judge. Then again, no one is forcing me to play.

And, since I can already hear the ban-hammer whistling toward my skull, let me close with:

So long, and thanks for all the fish.
Spoiler
Show
You have just witnessed my transformation from mild-mannered nobody into complete asshole. Thanks for watching.
FlowerChild wrote:Happiness is a warm and moist tentacle.
FlowerChild wrote:I just want to be loved.
Havok wrote: I'm so fucking psyched I could punch a kitten into the troposphere
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

redrew89 wrote:Just saying, a configuration file option for Harcore Bedding would have been nice. Now, instead of giving players the option of using a new mechanic, it just feels like your jamming it down our throats.
Yup, that is indeed what I am doing. Suck it down.
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

As always, nice job on the release. The stakes will prove very useful both asthetically and functionally.
Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!
Graphite

Post by Graphite »

rockninja wrote:seriously, creeper came and blew me up while i was laughing :c
A creeper blew you up? Unless there's more to this hardcore chicken addition than I've found so far, I find that extremely unlikely...
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Graphite wrote: A creeper blew you up? Unless there's more to this hardcore chicken addition than I've found so far, I find that extremely unlikely...
I wasn't going to say anything, but...

+1