Probably just another useless topic.

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Brandonjaake

Probably just another useless topic.

Post by Brandonjaake »

This probably has been asked a million times, but i am just spreading my opinion on the whole forge arguement. I completely respect FC with his decision, but also was wondering if there will be a way that you can make them compatible, i absolutely love btw, but there's also a ton of other mods that I would like to have running along side it, for example NEI, Railcraft, but forge makes this impossible. This could not only be your burden, but maybe allow eloraam or spacetoad to make a compatibility patch? or even another modder who would more than likely do it that you trust.

ofcourse the whole operation would have to be talked about on both ends, and some sort of agreement. i know more than likely this will get turned down, its just an option. Get back to me when you can

Love, Huge BTW Fan.
Brandonjaake

Re: Probably just another useless topic.

Post by Brandonjaake »

Can maybe some other people give me any thoughts? i know there has to be someone who agrees with me.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Unlikely anyone would want to, especially since anyone that agrees with you has most likely already been banned.

Do a little research on what you're asking man. You can start here:

http://youtu.be/B6SN4QQ_WSc

You're stepping into an awful lot of history, the end result of which: it'll be a cold day in hell before I ever use the Forge again.
Miss_Kat

Post by Miss_Kat »

Dude, only twenty minutes elapsed. It does not look good to be spamming your already short-lived-as-it-is thread.

Anyway, there's a video in the OP of BTW's MCF thread. Please watch it. It explains pretty well why the mod moved away from forge, and it has been explained time and time and time again why FC is not going to go back on that decision.

Your pleas are not anything new that the community hasn't heard before and rejected.

Edit: Ninja'd by FC, of course.
Brandonjaake

Post by Brandonjaake »

I have watched this video about 10 times, and i understand what you are trying to say. and know how you feel, i some sort agree with you, forge is becoming to big and to many mods rely on it. i am not asking for you to re-join their community or work with them, simply just allow for some sort of compatibility, so that some of the other smaller mod that use forge can be mixed with your mod.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Brandonjaake wrote:I have watched this video about 10 times, and i understand what you are trying to say. and know how you feel, i some sort agree with you, forge is becoming to big and to many mods rely on it. i am not asking for you to re-join their community or work with them, simply just allow for some sort of compatibility, so that some of the other smaller mod that use forge can be mixed with your mod.
Yeah, not going to happen. I don't have the time or inclination to work on something like that myself, and I wouldn't trust someone else with it.

And also: as an indication of how misinformed you are, SpaceToad is no longer even modding, and me and Eloraam hate each other, so no...no collaboration is going to happen there. We were pretty much the three founding members of the Forge man.

Anyways...toodles. I have no intention of reopening this debate, and your approach here indicates a clear violation of Rule #1.